Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

Yes I agree
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

Yeah, I do agree on this. Sometimes, your circle of friends and having procrastination can stop you from achieving your goals.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Distraction and discouragement are fatal to productivity. This is valid given that to be productive, one must be able to focus; as a result, anything that dissuades one from this hinders and weakens willpower. Discouragement can take many different forms, such as negative comments from others and a loss of confidence in one's actions.
Jasmine Chinemerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jasmine Chinemerem »

The production killers are discouragement and distraction. This is valid given the fact that in order to be productive, you must be able to focus. Distractions demotivate people and weaken their will, so they are less likely to be successful. There are several ways to feel discouraged, including hearing negative comments from others and losing faith in one's own actions.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

Distraction is an enemy to Attraction. When you are distracted or redirected, the energy to do something productive is being mismanaged and interrupted.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

Another thought I had on the matter is the importance of a good mindset. When one is continuously discouraged by his surroundings or events that happen it will be impossible for him or her to progress. One has to develop an attitude of positive thinking so as to always remain optimistic and hopeful about his or her future thus leading to greater focus and more productivity.
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Andrew Darlington »

I agree. Time is same for all things. I time I take to focus on distraction is the same time I take away from production which could bring discouragement.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”