Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Sam Lauren
Favorite Author: Anne Rice
Currently Reading: The Dovekeepers
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-lauren.html
Latest Review: To love in vain by Pedro Merchant
fav_author_id: 2444

Re: Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Post by Sam Lauren »

Yes. I completely agree. There is nothing more discouraging than dreaming up a huge plan for success, imaging a brilliant future, and then having it squashed in one sentence by someone whose opinion you care about. Or, another scenario, if you are constantly surrounded by negative people it is hard to not be negative too. It's easier, because the gratification is faster.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Sam Lauren wrote: 31 May 2021, 09:34 Yes. I completely agree. There is nothing more discouraging than dreaming up a huge plan for success, imaging a brilliant future, and then having it squashed in one sentence by someone whose opinion you care about. Or, another scenario, if you are constantly surrounded by negative people it is hard to not be negative too. It's easier, because the gratification is faster.
You are right, it is very discouraging when you have a plan and then someone discourages you with a quick sentence. Rather they mean to or not the damage is done. It is also hard not to be negative when everyone around you is being negative as well. I think having a plan in place and remembering your why helps you to continue with your plan, regardless of what others say. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
leaana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by leaana »

I absolutely agree with Jeff that in order to succeed, you must take certain stages and not just jump. You must be patient and follow the steps step by step till you achieve your goal. That is what allows us to be productive and focused. :) :)
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I agree completely, I don’t see how we can accomplish our goals when we are not encouraged to do so. Having a good mind set will organize our thoughts into positivity. Distractions are production killers. Be with who you want to become and find a way to turn our negative into positive!!
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I agree. A principle of success is persistence, and good things do take time, sometimes more than we would like. A proper mindset and life-giving habits go a long way in keeping up the persistence needed to reach our goals. Distraction and discouragement do not foster persistence.
Pl+uraciDA
Currently Reading: Wonderful Things
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Pl+uraciDA »

I completely agree. Success doesn't happen overnight. Its a step-by-step process and in order to achieve that, focus, encouragement and determination are essential.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

I wholeheartedly agree with this as i often find myself distracted lately from matters that I usually would've set as my priority in the past. It's especially difficult to stray away from these distractions.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

I totally agree, when you set your mind to achieve something, come what may you will. But when you constantly give in to distractions or things that will deter you, from achieving the plans you made. You might end up with no plans at all.
Shreya Mishra 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreya-mishra-3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Shreya Mishra 3 »

I totally agree with this. Distraction by any means and discouragement by anyone can kill the productiveness inside you. Sometimes it happens without our knowing, for example- a person giving you advice on your dream may change the perfect mindset of yours and cause a disaster, it may have worked for them but not for you. The key is to stay focused and to believe in yourself.
Esther11
Favorite Book: The Shining
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther11.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Esther11 »

I totally agree. We are going to face a lot of discouragement and distractions along our way to success. It is inevitable. We can’t stop because of those discouragement. Proper mindset is what we need to surpass those discouragement and succeed.
G_CReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-creads.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by G_CReads »

Actually, I agree.
When we are working towards achieving our dreams, we should stay away from every form of distractions and avoid being discouraged. These things kill the zeal and the morale in someone and one's mindset should also be correct.
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

leaana wrote: 31 May 2021, 12:25 I absolutely agree with Jeff that in order to succeed, you must take certain stages and not just jump. You must be patient and follow the steps step by step till you achieve your goal. That is what allows us to be productive and focused. :) :)
Yes, taking the right steps and minimizing distractions does help with success. Discouragement and distractions are huge production and motivation killers. If we are able to figure out what our distractions are, then minimize them, it will help us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 31 May 2021, 21:40 I agree completely, I don’t see how we can accomplish our goals when we are not encouraged to do so. Having a good mind set will organize our thoughts into positivity. Distractions are production killers. Be with who you want to become and find a way to turn our negative into positive!!
I think we can accomplish our goals even if other people do not encourage us, we just have to have a strong will in order to do it. I think having the right mindset and organizing how you want to get things done will also help to get them done. Recognizing our distractions and intentionally minimizing them will help us to have better production as well. I do agree that we need to find a way to turn our negative mindset into a positive one. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Mwatu wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 03:03 I agree. A principle of success is persistence, and good things do take time, sometimes more than we would like. A proper mindset and life-giving habits go a long way in keeping up the persistence needed to reach our goals. Distraction and discouragement do not foster persistence.
I agree with you. We need persistence if we are going to get anywhere. Especially with all the negativity in the world and people constantly wanting to knock us down. It is important to have a proper mindset and life-giving habits, they will help us when the motivation and focus are not there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Pl+uraciDA wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 04:19 I completely agree. Success doesn't happen overnight. Its a step-by-step process and in order to achieve that, focus, encouragement and determination are essential.
You are right, success does not happen overnight, or in some cases at all. We do have to take certain steps and actions to achieve it. I agree that focus, encouragement, and determination are essential. Focus and determination even more so, as there will be times that we do not have encouragement. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”