Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Deval Sodha »

Yes I absolutely agree with the author. The air we breathe today, the food we eat and the lifestyle we live is definitely to cause health issues. May be the stress part too is causing it. So, Healthcare is obviously a necessity.
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

i guess healtcare is a necessity for all of us in today's modern times where nothing healty and everything has some draw back which affect your health and having and insurance or healtcare plan will be 'necessity' in today's times
jeanmtdb
Favorite Book: Devil Among Us
Currently Reading: The Dragons of Chiroptera
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanmtdb.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jeanmtdb »

I agree with the author. Healthcare is a necessity. Unforeseen events or accidents would require healthcare and as we age, healthcare becomes even more important. I believe health insurance is also a necessity. People cannot depend on the government for the level of healthcare they may want or need. While responsibility for our health begins with us, medical healthcare will still be needed.
Nithilah Ayyappan
Currently Reading: We Hunt the Flame
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nithilah-ayyappan.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B07KR2N2GF

Post by Nithilah Ayyappan »

Healthcare is definitely a necessity, as the quote is accurate in the fact that everyone at one point in their lives will need medical care. Accidents can happen at any time, and medical bills run-up to a lot of money, which for some people is a large burden. Healthcare should therefore be a necessity, as a choice in staying safe or not isn't very= probable.
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

I think this is a question of fact, and in this case, the face speaks for itself. Healthcare is a necessity, regardless of the person. From the time of birth and throughout a person's lifetime, even the healthiest person would need some form of healthcare. Not that healthcare is not limited to orthodox medicine and procedures.
Laksha Maria Charbel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laksha-maria-charbel.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Reading Device: B08KKD61CM

Post by Laksha Maria Charbel »

I agree with the author on this one. Healthcare has become a necessity in today's times. Speaking from personal experience, I never imagined that I would need psychotherapy at the age of 27. The kind of stress we have to deal with is on the rise with little attention being paid to coaching coping strategies in order to deal with them. I came across a survey from Harvard University that, the search for perfectionism has lead to a 40 percent increase in depression among college students in comparison to 10 years ago.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Post by Njokime »

I agree with the author, healthcare is a necessity. There are people who get blessed to go through life without getting seriously sick but what overcomes most of us is old age, which comes with all sorts of aches and diseases. In short, healthcare is a necessity.
Rochelle457
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rochelle-schoeman.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by Rochelle457 »

I believe that it is a necessity. Throughout your whole life you would need professional healthcare. It can be for something as minor as flu or something major as surgery, but somewhere in your life you would need the help of healthcare. You could try and live without professional healthcare, but even then you would most likely use "natural" products for your ailments and that can also been see as healthcare.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Devalsodha wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 01:05 Yes I absolutely agree with the author. The air we breathe today, the food we eat and the lifestyle we live is definitely to cause health issues. May be the stress part too is causing it. So, Healthcare is obviously a necessity.
Yes, it is a necessity. Unfortunately, it is not one that everyone can afford. While it is a necessity, we still have to choose whether or not we are going to get and pay for health insurance. I agree, all the things you listed contribute to our need for healthcare. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

zayyyna wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 03:35 i guess healtcare is a necessity for all of us in today's modern times where nothing healty and everything has some draw back which affect your health and having and insurance or healtcare plan will be 'necessity' in today's times
Yes, it is a grim reality to think that we have a choice in the matter. We must have it in order to be able to afford medical care, but there are many who simply cannot afford it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

jeanmtdb wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 07:49 I agree with the author. Healthcare is a necessity. Unforeseen events or accidents would require healthcare and as we age, healthcare becomes even more important. I believe health insurance is also a necessity. People cannot depend on the government for the level of healthcare they may want or need. While responsibility for our health begins with us, medical healthcare will still be needed.
Yes, unfortunately, healthcare is a necessity. I agree that there are unforeseen things that require healthcare, especially as we age. We could also get in an accident, regardless of our age. While it is a necessity it is one that not everyone can afford. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Nithilah Ayyappan wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 08:05 Healthcare is definitely a necessity, as the quote is accurate in the fact that everyone at one point in their lives will need medical care. Accidents can happen at any time, and medical bills run-up to a lot of money, which for some people is a large burden. Healthcare should therefore be a necessity, as a choice in staying safe or not isn't very= probable.
While I believe it is a necessity, it is also a choice. We choose rather or not we get insurance and will pay for it. For some, it is not a choice as they simply cannot afford it. For those who can afford it, we should get it, because as you said, it is a necessity. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Hhannahh wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 09:56 I think this is a question of fact, and in this case, the face speaks for itself. Healthcare is a necessity, regardless of the person. From the time of birth and throughout a person's lifetime, even the healthiest person would need some form of healthcare. Not that healthcare is not limited to orthodox medicine and procedures.
Yes, it is a fact and it should be a necessity, but not everyone can afford it. I agree that it is a good idea, but not everyone will have it. Some will simply choose not to, and others cannot. I guess too it depends on where you need and what is provided. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Laksha Maria Charbel wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:34 I agree with the author on this one. Healthcare has become a necessity in today's times. Speaking from personal experience, I never imagined that I would need psychotherapy at the age of 27. The kind of stress we have to deal with is on the rise with little attention being paid to coaching coping strategies in order to deal with them. I came across a survey from Harvard University that, the search for perfectionism has lead to a 40 percent increase in depression among college students in comparison to 10 years ago.
Yes, I completely agree. Even with social media on the rise, the rate of suicide and depression has increased. And, it is all starting at an earlier age. I agree that healthcare is necessary and essential, but not affordable for everyone. Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Njokime wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:49 I agree with the author, healthcare is a necessity. There are people who get blessed to go through life without getting seriously sick but what overcomes most of us is old age, which comes with all sorts of aches and diseases. In short, healthcare is a necessity.
Yes, I agree it is a necessity. Some people will not see it that way, and it is their choice. However, the reality is that we need it and it helps with our care and decreases our bills. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”