What do you think about the way the book is presented?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Re: What do you think about the way the book is presented?

Post by Stephanie Stones »

I found it to be smart, useful, innovative and educative. I like that the author shared her personal life with her profession in he health sector.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Because she is a real person who went through childhood and did what we did, the presentation of the book genuinely helps us relate to her. This makes the fact that she developed cancer genuine and illustrates the fact that anyone can develop it. In contrast to something that doesn't feel authentic, it gives both points of view and makes it more appealing and approachable.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I don't see them as scattered pieces of information. I believe that by talking about her cancer and her background, the author is seeking to be as relatable as possible before sharing her knowledge about the business aspect of the healthcare system.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In my opinion, this book can be viewed as snapshots of the author's life and her perspective on how things have transformed for her. She presents both sides of the story, drawing from her personal experiences as a patient and from the viewpoint of a practitioner.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”