What do you think about the way the book is presented?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Re: What do you think about the way the book is presented?

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The book is presented beautifully. They do not strike me as unrelated bits of knowledge. Before sharing her knowledge about the business side of the healthcare system, I think the author is trying to be as relatable as possible by discussing her cancer and her background.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

This book is not a scattered piece of information, it is a logical point of the idea that connects every story and event to the main point of emphasis.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 23:16 “Knowledge is power”. This proves to be true by reading the journey of a woman with a plethora of knowledge in the business of healthcare. Soon becoming a patient herself, the author made the story about her experience in the incredible difference of now being a person on the other side.This is a fantastic self-help book that was written with self love and much care and kindness. The content is Logical as I do not feel there is any evidence of scattered pieces of information at all.
Thank you for saying it better, I also found every information connected. Throughout the book, I found every chapter useful to be present in the book. The book shares an abundance of information
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

The author discussed the subject from both the perspective of a client and a service provider. The purpose, in my opinion, is to demonstrate various viewpoints. The various perspectives aid in comprehending the system's complexity. The opportunity to match the client's needs with what the provider can deliver is advantageous to both parties.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

The author's writing was flawless. She read the book aloud with a pleasant tone and a methodical style that any reader could understand.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I feel the book was presented in such a way where the author gets to express herself, while telling the story of her personal experiences and also educating readers about healthcare.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

The only information I found off was about her up bringing and family background it wasn't adding to the tittle of the book. Aside from that other information were very well suitable for the book.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

I don't think the book is a collection of scattered pieces, as indicated by her life struggle and cancer diagnosis, which was a key to filling the reader in on every detail possible and connecting it to the health care system.
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

This is an interesting review of this book
Your choice of words is great
I love you stated everything explicitly
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

I found it to be smart, useful, innovative and educative. I like that the author shared her personal life with her profession in he health sector.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Because she is a real person who went through childhood and did what we did, the presentation of the book genuinely helps us relate to her. This makes the fact that she developed cancer genuine and illustrates the fact that anyone can develop it. In contrast to something that doesn't feel authentic, it gives both points of view and makes it more appealing and approachable.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I don't see them as scattered pieces of information. I believe that by talking about her cancer and her background, the author is seeking to be as relatable as possible before sharing her knowledge about the business aspect of the healthcare system.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In my opinion, this book can be viewed as snapshots of the author's life and her perspective on how things have transformed for her. She presents both sides of the story, drawing from her personal experiences as a patient and from the viewpoint of a practitioner.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”