Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by topdan30 »

Thafheema Zaroony wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 13:35 By going through this book I realised that books like these which provide great information about health care should also be given priority. It is not only meant for healthcare workers alone. We all go through a difficult era,I think realistic books like surviving the business of health care definitely have an important place during this crisis.Today majority of the authorities see medical industry as pure business than service.
It is really inspirational on how the author depicted her own experience in this book.
Being myself in a medical team I really appreciate this spectacular piece of work and would definitely recommend to all individuals.
My thought exactly. Health is wealth and this book informed perfectly readers how to manage their health the right way.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

"Surviving the business of healthcare " is a captivating book. This book is not only about those who are in this field but for all those who are in need or knows who needs it exactly. Very well written and edited. Please this book a read
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Apart from the plotline and overall premise of this book. One thing that particularly stood out was the fact that it was professionally edited. This made for a swift flow of words. And naturally, I will rate it four out of four stars.
Bernadette Avelar
Currently Reading: Harvey the Hippo
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernadette-avelar.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bernadette Avelar »

“Surviving the Business of Healthcare” was written with clear intent to assist both medical professionals and individuals that are treated by medical professionals. Barbara Galutia Regis has done a fantastic job of explaining terminology and information for both sides of the medical desk for the reader. I rate this book four stars. This book gives facts and has more valid information that is user friendly and has more data that is supported by sources.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I would rate the book surviving the business of health care by Barbara Galutia Regis four out of four stars for exceptionally edited and ther the importance of the information it contains. However, the limitation of the book for me is that the author focused more on the American health care system and the importance of health insurance scheme.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

The book is timely and enlightening. Timely because we really need it right now. This is the time when we can say that health is indeed our wealth. Enlightening because the author shares practicality to evryone. Not just for the Medics but for patients as well. Considering the facts I've mentioned, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Surviving the Business of Health Care, by Barbara Galutia Regis, is a self-help book about healthcare.
To write the book, the author drew on her own experiences, such as her childhood home and her own illness. She also explained the concept of health insurance plans and selecting a primary care physician. I was astounded by the author's personal anecdotes. Her experiences added to the book's interest. Astronomically, medical jargon has been used and indeed informed every novice, whether it is a healthcare worker or a regular citizen reading her masterpiece. I believe the author is truthful about the insurance system, as many people have been duped. Overall, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. Everything is well written and the entire novel is professionally edited.
Harshi4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshi4.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harshi4 »

I would rate the book surviving the business of health care by Barbara Galutia Regis four out of four stars for the exceptional practical knowledge shared by the author. It is filled with genuine information that everyone needs to know. I was really inspired after reading this book.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

The American healthcare system has been under fire for many years and as new issues start to plague patients with the development of new technology, some people are just not getting the care and treatment they need. Using her own treatment as an example, Barbara, a professional in the industry, guides the reader through what to do in various scenarios.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

This book highlights the importance of advocating for yourself and provides ample examples of when you need to see a doctor and when you don’t.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

I totally enjoyed this book and will be giving it a perfect score, as it gives a detailed view of some of the complexities related to the healthcare system. It's a perfect book to read.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html

Post by Peace Chux »

My rating of the book remains a 4 out of 4. The book was well thought out, educative, helpful and most of all, important or relevant to individual healthcare. Reading it didn't feel like a chore, as I was able to follow and relate with the author through her previous experiences. I really hope a lot of people get to benefit from it as I have.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I found this book very informational and helpful. Of course, the author's experience gives her credibility—I didn't feel like she was just selling me her book. Whenever she mentioned stories of how things used to be, it made me think how much healthcare is different nowadays—you cannot. pay the doctor with chicken pot pies anymore, but health tests are more accurate today. That said, affordable healthcare for the masses is still an issue :shock: .
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

I liked the way Barbara described her experiences in a two-way viewpoint, as a patient and as a health practitioner. She explains the medical practices in such easy to understand language. I thought her being a physician herself would add some complicated medical terms here and there, but the jargon was not an issue. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I think that this would be a great book for anyone to read. Health care is a service that everyone will need at some point or another, even if you’re not involved in it in the professional aspect. I thought the back was very well written and seemed professionally edited. It was also very thought provoking.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”