Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I really liked how the author made the writing accessible to people who aren’t familiar with the subject matter, as she did not make the book heavy with medical jargons. I also enjoyed the stories from her upbringing and how she decided to become a PA. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this to anyone who might be interested about being aware of how the healthcare system work.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Surviving the business of healthcare is an essential book for all, especially those that understand that good health is very paramount. It is a very educative book.
Anjali Kushwah 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-kushwah-1.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Anjali Kushwah 1 »

I loved this book. It is very informative. I really liked the anecdotes she shared from her childhood which reveals a doctor's heart and emotions. Thus book is a must for those who want to look after their health. Healthcare should be given importance.

“Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.”
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

The author did well in this book by critically explaining the points with examples that are relatable and this made the book interesting. I will give a perfect rating.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Surviving the business of health Care is a book that needs to be read by all and sundry not just for those in the health care field. There is nothing to dislike about the book, hence I give it a rating of four out of four stars because of its educative tips.
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

As belonging from healthcare community myself, I resonated with this book instantly. How Barbara described her experiences, her medical practice in such simple to understand language is what I loved most about the book. I thought her being a physician herself would complicate some medical terms here and there, but I was relieved when I found no such issue. I rate this book 4 out of 4 star. I think anyone from a medical background would connect with this book.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I gave the book four out of four stars. It is clear and concise and is a good basic guide to understanding the way modern American healthcare works and the problems with the current system.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book deserves a 4 out of 4 rating mainly because of how well researched it is and how the author informed us of healthcare is an intriguing and engaging way.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

I enjoyed how this book is so easy to comprehend. It's such a great help to the patients because it has practical solutions. So with that being stated it's a 4 out of 4.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

'Surviving the Business of Healthcare' deserves a perfect rating, 4 out of 4. There are numerous positive aspect of this book that I trully enjoyed. First of, the book is well written and edited. Secondly, the author's view in health care industry is enlightening. Another thing, is the ideas and practicality the author shared to the patients. There's just too much to mention. But overall, this book is a great one.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Information is presented in simple form and the chapters are not complicated in anyway. It has a ton of valuable experiences.
ivynurse1908
Currently Reading: We Were Liars
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivynurse1908.html
Latest Review: Fighting To Breathe by Jong Yi

Post by ivynurse1908 »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare is a 4 out of 4 stars book in my opinion. As a healthcare professional, this book gave sound information that is valuable to all people, not just healthcare practitioners. The information is easy to understand and is a must-read. In fact, I have recommended it to the physicians within my practice.
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars: it's highly informative, and it's easy to read. Regis compares her father's practice decades ago to our current healthcare system showing the dramatic shift in the need for coverage. She conveys technical jargon in a conversational way, making this book a pleasure to read.
Judy_Jemutai7
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-jemutai7.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Judy_Jemutai7 »

What I liked most about Surviving the Business of Healthcare is the author. Learning specific facts about the author sand especially the fact that she is a cancer patient and also an experienced doctor captivates readers to want to experience a story narrated from both ends of the extremes, as a doctor and also as a patient. The book is a true embodiment of knowledge is power as Barbara is able to relate the current healthcare system to the healthcare system that existed decades ago. The book is so informational and a captivating read for practicing and aspiring doctors.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Health care is a topic that is usually neglected by majority of people. This author carefully and uses various examples to pass across the message on health care. This will motivate people to care more about their health and also help the health care practitioners.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”