Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the June 2021 Book of the month, Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars because the book flowed smoothly and was edited by a professional editor. I liked how the author gave scenarios, consequences, thought-provoking points to consider, and solutions for each of her examples. The only thing I disliked about the book was that the pictures and their titles were not aligned correctly at the end of the book. I recommend this book to individuals who may have issues getting the healthcare they need or know someone who may be in that situation.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

Surviving the business of health care is not just a book for health care practitioners alone.But, for all well meaning individuals who knows that good health is paramount in all.
I, enjoyed the way the writer used her personal experience as examples in the book, and how she simplified the book.The medical terms were not ambigous.
Although, I didnt really like the way the book was arranged towards the end. But, all in all the book is a good read, for everyone who loves their health, presently running a buisness, or plan to do so someday.I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

" Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C - An excellent and interesting account of the healthcare industry written by Barbara Galutia Regis from both ends of the spectrum of knowledge. A professional in the industry and a patient undergoing cancer treatment. The book is articulate, with clear messages, and well edited. It earns a 4 out of 4-star rating from me.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

"Surviving the business of healthcare" is incredibly well edited which I appreciate as it makes it much more enjoyable to read. I also love how the author wrote step wise; she would start with a problem, then move on to how to approach it from each angle and then finally provide a solution. The medical jargon was also quite well used and understandable (for me at least).
I would definitely recommend this book to a yone in the medical field and any adult looking for a good read.
Victorkibs77
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Victorkibs77 »

'Surviving the Business of Healthcare' is so gripping. Barbara gives the reader an individual perspective of what she goes through as a cancer patient, especially being a physician herself. The author gives an overview of her personal life in various aspects such as her private practice and marriage life, which establishes a connection with the reader. I like that despite being written by a medical practitioner, the book also uses simple language and not overly complicated medical language, making it an easy and interesting read. There's nothing that I'd say I did not really like in the book, I enjoyed it. Overall I give the book four out of four stars.
Ms Marvel
Currently Reading: Short Poems, Long Tales
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Ms Marvel »

"Surviving the 'Business' of healthcare" is written very well for patients as they can educate themselves and do not need a physician for every small problem. it's a guide that can teach you about some misconceptions we have in our society. Barbara Galutia Regis wrote this book in a manner that can help patients to be more attentive when deciding something related to their health.
This book is an easy read as Regis did a very well job by creating small chapters which can be read by everyone as this did not contain a lot of medical terminologies that can bore you. After reading this you will feel more enlightened and you are going to have a lot of questions to ask your physician in the next visit. Some chapters will relate to you in a way no one can explain. You will get to know that there are a lot of people out there who just took advantage of those who can not protect themselves.
In the end, this is a very good book to read to know about things we need to stop doing when it comes to our health.
Thafheema Zaroony
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thafheema-zaroony.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Thafheema Zaroony »

By going through this book I realised that books like these which provide great information about health care should also be given priority. It is not only meant for healthcare workers alone. We all go through a difficult era,I think realistic books like surviving the business of health care definitely have an important place during this crisis.Today majority of the authorities see medical industry as pure business than service.
It is really inspirational on how the author depicted her own experience in this book.
Being myself in a medical team I really appreciate this spectacular piece of work and would definitely recommend to all individuals.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

The book gets a glowing rating of 4/4 from me for various reasons. First - it is concise yet informative. Second - it has equipped me to make better choices because honestly, health is wealth. Lastly - I relate to the author and I felt that she was authentic and empathetic. I could relate to her, and this made it very easy for me to read through the entire book. The author recognizes that while healthcare is a business, the "clients" must be served with care and dignity.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Jennifer F 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jennifer F 1 »

I give Surviving the Business of Healthcare 4 stars. I love how she interspersed her upbringing with her PA experience and related it back to her father. It was nice to see the parallels from now and then. How frightening it must be to have patients who are suffering and then find yourself in the same position.
It was also good to get a Physicians perspective on how to advocate for oneself, with the ever evolving health care system. This book is a good quick read, packed with nuggets that won't overwhelm you.
Da Rafi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-rafi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Da Rafi »

Surviving the health care 'Business'"
This book wants to share the experience of a doctor who is valuable, especially for those who are in the medical world, because the career journey is easy, this book is very inspiring for the reader, this book must be recommended for the initial assessment of 4 stars.
Afturnitsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afturnitsa.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Afturnitsa »

I gave this book five stars. I enjoyed the writing style, which combined memoir with an academic style; this made the book less like a textbook. What I liked the most about this book was the scenarios presented throughout. I also liked the fact that the author doesn't advocate for the consumption of new medications unless it is medically necessary. What I disliked was the brevity. I found myself wanting to read longer chapters. Yes, I would recommend this book to others. The emergency plan suggestion along with catastrophic health coverage can provide piece of mind.
Jona00baka
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jona00baka.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jona00baka »

This book is really serving it's purpose as highlighted by Barbara Galutia Regis. It is educative, directive most importantly healthcare decision making. The writing is concise with informative content. The style is just great, the story has a nice flow. I like how the writer uses her personal experiences to help others through this piece of writing. I rate this book 4 of 4 stars. I encourage those who struggle with their health to read it. It's an encouragement to hear from someone who is in your shoe. I also recommend it to those who wish to make good health decision for their life and family.
Valgalbooks
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Valgalbooks »

An insider's view of the healthcare industry and the financial aspect of it in "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" is an act of empowerment for patients. Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C has seen the many changes over the years of healthcare practices and costs; she thoughtfully condenses these down to a short book that enlightens patients and their families. This book also makes one wonder why the top insurance companies and others associated with medical care are able to make such big profits at a time when so many struggle to cover the financial aspect of their medical care. I am very thankful to be able to pay and receive medical insurance.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, especially seeing the author's view of the healthcare industry and some of the issues patients face. I found the book easy to read and enlightening with practicable solutions.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”