Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

This book highlights the importance of advocating for yourself and provides ample examples of when you need to see a doctor and when you don’t.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

I totally enjoyed this book and will be giving it a perfect score, as it gives a detailed view of some of the complexities related to the healthcare system. It's a perfect book to read.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

My rating of the book remains a 4 out of 4. The book was well thought out, educative, helpful and most of all, important or relevant to individual healthcare. Reading it didn't feel like a chore, as I was able to follow and relate with the author through her previous experiences. I really hope a lot of people get to benefit from it as I have.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I found this book very informational and helpful. Of course, the author's experience gives her credibility—I didn't feel like she was just selling me her book. Whenever she mentioned stories of how things used to be, it made me think how much healthcare is different nowadays—you cannot. pay the doctor with chicken pot pies anymore, but health tests are more accurate today. That said, affordable healthcare for the masses is still an issue :shock: .
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

I liked the way Barbara described her experiences in a two-way viewpoint, as a patient and as a health practitioner. She explains the medical practices in such easy to understand language. I thought her being a physician herself would add some complicated medical terms here and there, but the jargon was not an issue. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I think that this would be a great book for anyone to read. Health care is a service that everyone will need at some point or another, even if you’re not involved in it in the professional aspect. I thought the back was very well written and seemed professionally edited. It was also very thought provoking.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

Surviving the business of health care is a very informative book for all. It is not just meant for medical practitioners but every one interested in living a health life. I loved how she told her personal experience in the book. The book deserves a full rating.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The book receives a four-star rating from me. It's both instructive and motivational. I appreciate how the author was able to draw on her own personal experience to help us connect with the book. I'm trying to lose weight, and it's been extremely helpful, as well as motivating me to keep going. We live in a time when our health should be our top priority, and the author was able to successfully educate us on how to make excellent health decisions.The plot is fantastic and straightforward. By far the best book I've ever read.
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

I gave the book a well-deserved 4 out of 4. I think the content meets the author's intentions. The book educates readers about the healthcare system using a fluid, precise and well-composed storytelling technique.
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

I gave the book a well-deserved 4 out of 4. I think the content meets the author's intentions. The book educates readers about the healthcare system using a fluid, precise and well-composed storytelling technique.
Humeyra Karakas
Currently Reading: How children learn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humeyra-karakas.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Humeyra Karakas »

This is a concise guide to empower patients about healthcare system that will help them save money and time. Also, the author is a physician who was recently diagnosed with cancer. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

We badly need an exact Indian replica of Surviving the Business of Healthcare! This book was thought-provoking as the author laid out many hidden ugly truths. I enjoyed reading it.
Manik Chaturmutha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manik-chaturmutha.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Manik Chaturmutha »

Regis's skill to pass on the knowledge and her experiences were superior. Even though she did not have a writing background, her writing style was impressive. Overall, this was an entertaining manual that communicated facts and wisdom. I gave it 4 out of 4 stars.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I just finished the book and also rated it highly as I felt that the topics about being proactive about one's own healthcare and information on how to best navigate the healthcare system are important. The book was well-written and practical. I also enjoyed the personal stories.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

This is a 4-star book. The only challenge I encountered was the overuse of medical jargon, which people who are not in this field will find difficulty in understanding as there was no footnote to explain this medical jargon.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”