Everything else could wait...or could it?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Re: Everything else could wait...or could it?

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Making sure you are happy is quite important. Some people devote all of their time, energy, and finances to pursuits that ultimately don't make them happy but rather make them depressed. The author claims that caring for her patients makes her joyful. Make sure to give priority to whatever makes you happy; everything else can wait.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

I think her indulging in what makes her happy is important. Tending to others is not the prior reason for her cancer, I even feel that without tending to people, it would have gotten worst.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I can't care for patients if you don't care about your own health.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Vishnu Priya B wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 01:47 I've always wondered how much time I have. What if my life ends the next minute? Will I regret it? The fact is I won't if I've lived a happy life. By happy, I don't mean the standards set by society but doing the things that would genuinely make me happy.
Not everyone has the same kind of priorities. For instance, I prioritise my family. Some people give more importance to their career. Likewise, the author found her happiness in caring for her patients. She clearly mentions it was her calling.
My take: prioritise whatever makes you happy. Everything else can wait... Of course!
I love your comment. Had she died from the ailment, she would have died fulfilled and happy that she has done her part.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Every living thing on our planet, including humans, has a purpose in some way. a duty to uphold for the universe. Her call was for medication. Not all of us are fortunate enough to receive such a "call." I believe it was her life's goal. helping others. And she was pleased by that. Will she be delighted if she didn't do her job well and if she had an early diagnosis?
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Yes, you should always pursue your passions or activities that make you happy, but this shouldn't come at the expense of your health. Work-life balance is essential.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I’m indifferent about it. I can’t completely conclude that she wouldn’t have had cancer. But I believe everyone should do what they feel it’s okay for them.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

Well I can't say much but I believe she would have prevented or ratther detect the cancer at a very early stage. Our health shouldn't be something we should delay.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Taking care of yourself, your health, and your loved ones while also enjoying the life you have now with them is very vital. Like I normally say, "Everything I'm working for is for my kids, my loved ones, and myself, so why will I keep working if I can't take care of myself and my loved ones first?" Questions like, "If I have bad health, will I continue doing the work I'm doing or am I going to stop?" keeps popping in my head whenever I have a slight migraine, and I already know the answer to that, so it's got to be my health, my kids, and my loved ones first.
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

Great book by the author
This is an interesting review of this book
Your choice of words is great
I love you stated everything explicitly
Glory eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-eze.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory eze »

Great book I love it
The author did extremely well
Excellent work
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

Anything that points to the health aspect needs to be given immediate and special attention. It pays to answer immediately and care for yourself as fast as you can.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

It's vital to pursue your passions. Some people devote all of their time, energy, and resources in pursuit of that, but in the end, it will not make them happy but rather sad. Taking care of her patients, according to the author, makes her happy. The things that make you joyful should therefore take priority above everything else.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I think you gave so much thought to that question. That her job and profession came first does not mean she does not take care of herself. IT takes a health person to take care of sick people. That the author suffered cancer does not mean she paid less attention to her health.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

Every creature, including human beings on this earth, has some sort of a purpose. An obligation to fulfil for this universe. And medicine was her call. Not all of us are lucky to have such a "call". I think it was the purpose of her life. Healing people. And that made her happy. If she neglected her job, and if she was diagnosed early, still, there is this question, will she be happy?

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”