Has she been honest about health insurance?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Has she been honest about health insurance?

Post by asteel18 »

Health insurance is helpful but doesn't cover what it should. I had great insurance when I was diagnosed with cancer but the copays and deductible would have broken me if it weren't for financial help from family. Healthcare is a business but it shouldn't be run by greed and adding more "insurance" isn't the answer.
-Amy
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author dedicated chapters to insurance since most readers will want to know where they can get the best covers. Her experience both as a doctor and cancer patient puts her in a unique position and many patients will relate to her struggle. I think she is honest and doesn't intend to deceive readers.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

We can't deny with the fact that the insurance companies have a lot of documentations but there's no doubt that the health insurance can help to save someone's life especially in that case if the patient is not able to afford the treatment. I also feel that, the author wasn't trying to promote the insurance companies rather she was trying to tell the positive aspect of these companies which can help someone in need.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I couldn't agree more with the author's honesty because I am also has been saved by health insurance and felt difficult if I don't have one.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

I have come across many who are victims of it. I believe she was honest about it.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

Yes I agree with author, it was all correct
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

I would say yes but, it depends on the country. I think the author is part of a developed country. But in underdeveloped or developing country most of the insurance scheme dosen't work that way.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

I have not witnessed health insurance in my life nor am I having difficulty not having one. However, I look forward to having health insurance because I'm sure that it has lots of benefits which would even be more pronounced as I would be getting older.

Even though I have not witnessed health insurance, I'm not seeing the author as if she's advertising for an insurance company. Rather I see this as her job as a doctor to prescribe the established health tips to the audience, and that's what she's trying to fulfill on her part
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I will say that her emphasis on health insurance was not to advertise for health insurance companies. But I see it as her an aspect of health matter that she so much count important and she like to emphasise that to her clients and public audience.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

The author was right about the insurance system. But I don't think most option she talked about is available in all countries especially most African countries.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

I really do not know what to say. Because of the high level of scam in my country I haven't had any interest in any of these insurance company. I think It is really important and i will try to get insured health wise. However, I think three pages talking about insurance is just too much.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Post by Hager Salem »

Health insurance is definitely a very important thing. I myself benefited from it. and my father is benefiting from it now. you never know what can suddenly happen. and I believe it's rare to have a life without some medical problems.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

I haven't benefited yet from any insurance scheme maybe it is due to my country. But I believe the region where the authors talked out would have handful of opportunities to benefit.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Sushan Ekanayake wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 06:13
Jasleen Chadha wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 05:33 I agree with the author. I've firsthand witness the life of my relative been saved because of health insurance as he could not afford the treatment.
Yes, the paperwork and details can be a lot to deal with but if the benefits can save a life, I feel it's a trouble worth going through.
I see your point. But do the insurances cover all the medical expenses that a person needs at a time? I have seen several scandals that they play hiding behind their policy agreement. Can we actually trust them to save our lives when all the lawyers and doctors are on their side when it comes to any discrepancy?
I so much agree with you.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I concur with the writer. I personally saw my father's life spared by health insurance since he couldn't afford the procedure.
Yes, the paperwork and details can be overwhelming, but in my opinion, they are worth it if they will save a life.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”