Is it useful only to US residents?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Re: Is it useful only to US residents?

Post by Amanda Warner »

Though the author mostly talked about the health care system in the US and US residents, I think technically it should be universal; it should be applicable to all health care systems despite the country.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

I think it should be applicable everywhere as per we get to know more about the health sector but when It comes to the insurance part, it doesn't apply to every country.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I believe that people all across the world, not just US, can benefit from it. Although the healthcare systems in different nations may differ, the goal of this book is universal.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

The book is suitable for the US resident, however, it contains some learning points other health care system can leverage on. For example in my country, health care is contained in the constitution but it is not enforceable and citizens have to make out their own arrangement. It becomes better if one works in the private sections as such may be included in the welfare packages. For the poor and masses, the government do give some basic health insurance but it can barely cater for quality health care. As a result only the poorest of the poor embrace such. The middle class rely on their employers while the rich subscribe to the best health care for their families. So it is not a one size fit all approach.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I had this same thought as I read though this book. However, even if this book focused so much on the US healthcare system, lesson could be learnt from this book that could be applied irrespective of where you are such as in making good health related decisions and more.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In my opinion, this book can be beneficial not just to US citizens but also to people across the globe. While healthcare systems may differ from one country to another, the principles outlined in this book can be relevant and applicable to many places.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

No, the book is not relevant to US residents alone. The book is helpful to everyone who intends to take their health seriously going forward and those that are or have a cancer patient to attend to, regardless of whatever part of the world they are in

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”