Is it useful only to US residents?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
_Maduike
Currently Reading: The Ultimate Love
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduike.html
Latest Review: Firstborn Daddyman by Frank Bailey
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Is it useful only to US residents?

Post by _Maduike »

Barbara discusses the business of healthcare such that it is helpful to people in most parts of the world. I would however point out that it might not be very helpful in third world countries that do not have a very organized healthcare system and every single thing has to be paid for.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

It is rightly said that the author is a US based doctor and this book is based on US healthcare system but that doesn't mean that this book is only relevant to the US residents as this book unfolds the importance of health care, insurance, emergency strategies which can be adopted by anyone.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

It would be daft to say that the book is useful to people only staying in US. Health issue is a versatile issue. Am not a resident of the US but I found this book very useful. No matter your geographical region this book is an eye opener to health problems and how you could handle them
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

Considering the fact that some countries do not massively require an individual to have access to a private healthcare insurance provider before they can get treatment for the most basic medical needs, then some of the information is only relevant for US residents.
However, some of these state sponsored health insurance systems, like the one in my country, are fraught with exceptions which the person may have to bear on their own if their illness falls under. In this context, such information will become handy for said non-US residents who decide to seek healthcare abroad.
Ellison Kinsley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellison-kinsley.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ellison Kinsley »

The book might be based on the US healthcare system but the general ideas are applicable in most countries. Most countries that have free healthcare provided by their government also have a private healthcare system. Therefore, I think the content is applicable (to some degree) in most healthcare systems.
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Just because the author is US based does not mean that the book is only for people residing in the US. I believe this book is for everyone in general.. though different countries operate in different ways we all believe in one thing and that is we all need good health.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I think the book is more relevant for the US citizens and other developed countries but not to the developing countries where people usually do not have health insurance. Government may provide a relief in health care but it not enough for these developing countries with such high population and health issues.
:tiphat:
lara_kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lara-kelly.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by lara_kelly »

The advice about being your own advocate when it comes to your health was particularly useful. No doctor knows your body and your story as well as yourself. I think it would have been interesting if she addressed how women, in particular, aren't taken seriously as patients.

Although the detailed information about health insurance companies and healthcare big businesses was based on the US context, it did still feel relevant to our context, in South Africa. Our government hospitals do provide free healthcare to citizens; however the quality of such services is questionable. Many people find themselves unable to afford healthcare of an acceptable standard.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I do not agree with you because I feel like the book is relevant to everyone who wanted to make business in medical health. Regardless of where they are.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Though this book is mainly for US residents, I can say there are some concepts that are useful to other countries as well. I'm an Indian and found some concepts of Healthcare that are needed here as well.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I think this is fairly specific to U.S. residents as the author was giving specific advice about navigating our healthcare system here.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

No, this book cut across everyone who wants to better the business of their health.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

In as much as US residents have more to benefit from this book, there are still other things residents from other nations can adopt to boost their healthcare system.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

There are some of the peculiarities in the book that are only of US. However, there are lots that are common to other countries and can be applied any where. Such as creating health insurance, choosing a care practitioner and the like. In my country, Nigeria, health care is not always free or not free everywhere. This free healthcare is seasonal acording to political influence and region.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: My Life's Stirring Adventures by Tom Leech

Post by Hager Salem »

Most of the book can be directed to US citizens only, But non-US citizens can benefit from many general tips through the book.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”