Is it useful only to US residents?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Is it useful only to US residents?

Post by Recee Ann »

Just because the author is US based does not mean that the book is only for people residing in the US. I believe this book is for everyone in general.. though different countries operate in different ways we all believe in one thing and that is we all need good health.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I think the book is more relevant for the US citizens and other developed countries but not to the developing countries where people usually do not have health insurance. Government may provide a relief in health care but it not enough for these developing countries with such high population and health issues.
:tiphat:
lara_kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lara-kelly.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by lara_kelly »

The advice about being your own advocate when it comes to your health was particularly useful. No doctor knows your body and your story as well as yourself. I think it would have been interesting if she addressed how women, in particular, aren't taken seriously as patients.

Although the detailed information about health insurance companies and healthcare big businesses was based on the US context, it did still feel relevant to our context, in South Africa. Our government hospitals do provide free healthcare to citizens; however the quality of such services is questionable. Many people find themselves unable to afford healthcare of an acceptable standard.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I do not agree with you because I feel like the book is relevant to everyone who wanted to make business in medical health. Regardless of where they are.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Though this book is mainly for US residents, I can say there are some concepts that are useful to other countries as well. I'm an Indian and found some concepts of Healthcare that are needed here as well.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I think this is fairly specific to U.S. residents as the author was giving specific advice about navigating our healthcare system here.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

No, this book cut across everyone who wants to better the business of their health.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

In as much as US residents have more to benefit from this book, there are still other things residents from other nations can adopt to boost their healthcare system.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

There are some of the peculiarities in the book that are only of US. However, there are lots that are common to other countries and can be applied any where. Such as creating health insurance, choosing a care practitioner and the like. In my country, Nigeria, health care is not always free or not free everywhere. This free healthcare is seasonal acording to political influence and region.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

Most of the book can be directed to US citizens only, But non-US citizens can benefit from many general tips through the book.
Agbata Precious 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious-1.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Agbata Precious 1 »

Well, I think it is mainly useful in developed countries. Like there author said that people in the U.S. have to pay for things like this.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

This book was written based on the UK healthcare system. But there are other general lessons the author talked about. All we have to do is identify it in our country.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Bookreviewer71 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 05:29 Though the technicalities regarding the medical system given in the book are relevant only to the US residents, the basic ideas in the book regarding care providers, minimizing out-of-pocket expenses and, choosing the right insurance plan are commonly acceptable.
Wonderfully said.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

No, the book is not only relevant to Americans. The book is beneficial to anyone who intends to take their health seriously in the future, as well as those who are or have a cancer patient to attend to, regardless of where they are in the world.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

The book is not only recommended to the US but to all nations in the Western Union in my opinion as it meets the criteria thereto as well.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”