Which chapter is the most useful?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Re: Which chapter is the most useful?

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

I liked chapter 11 the most. Normally in the case of an emergency, many people get hassled and don't know how to handle the situation. There is good clarity in the chapter. I loved it.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Kanchan Sharma wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 00:48 I liked chapter 11 the most. Normally in the case of an emergency, many people get hassled and don't know how to handle the situation. There is good clarity in the chapter. I loved it.
Yes, I had not even thought about that, but you are right. In an emergency typically someone is demanding all your information and you are so frazzled you cannot think. Having this information already gathered is very helpful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

I also really loved Chapter 7! I love how she discussed the importance of yourself as a patient. You must choose a physician you are comfortable with, and also someone who is considerate and someone who will respect you as a patient. It is also completely okay to ask for second opinion.
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

nikkiloveskiwi wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 23:57 I also really loved Chapter 7! I love how she discussed the importance of yourself as a patient. You must choose a physician you are comfortable with, and also someone who is considerate and someone who will respect you as a patient. It is also completely okay to ask for second opinion.
I thought that was a very helpful chapter as well. It is really important to advocate for ourselves. While our doctors know a lot about medicine, we know a lot about ourselves. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I should say that like many here, chapters 7 and 11 were the most useful. They both gave a push, of sorts, to the reader. Chapter 7 discussed about advocating for yourself which is extremely helpful and necessary in today's world. Chapter 11 gave much needed to know information which I feel everyone should know at some point as it can turn out to be quite crucial to our daily survival.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Hogwarts03 wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 14:13 I should say that like many here, chapters 7 and 11 were the most useful. They both gave a push, of sorts, to the reader. Chapter 7 discussed about advocating for yourself which is extremely helpful and necessary in today's world. Chapter 11 gave much needed to know information which I feel everyone should know at some point as it can turn out to be quite crucial to our daily survival.
I would agree, these were the two most useful chapters. It is very important to be your own advocate as the doctor does not have time to discuss all your needs. It is also important to have an emergency plan because you never know when something is going to come up. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

I liked most chapters of the book. But chapter one, one phone call can change your life and perspective forever, really got to me. We all are going through things in life that change our focus. At that very moment, those things are hard as the author's situation. But these situations always provide a centered perspective on our lives.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Thank you for bringing a different chapter to the conversation. Yes, sometimes a phone call can change everything. We do all go through things that shift and change our focus. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Jessi_reads
Currently Reading: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessi-reads.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jessi_reads »

My favourite chapter was chapter 11 because she listed a checklist for emergencies. It is very precise and super simple. I already set half of it up and think it is very useful and can save lives.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Jessi_reads wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 04:24 My favourite chapter was chapter 11 because she listed a checklist for emergencies. It is very precise and super simple. I already set half of it up and think it is very useful and can save lives.
I agree, it was a very helpful chapter. I still have not started a checklist for emergencies, maybe I need to go back and reread that chapter! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Rothycia Emberlyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Rothycia Emberlyn »

I would agree to that It is always a good thing to have an emergency plan, better to be safe than sorry thou. I do felt also like the author covered everything that would be needed. While there were other useful chapters, I felt chapter 11 was the most useful for me. Thanks you!
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I would say I found chapter 7 and 11 more useful because it gives us the basics of some impossible things we need to know concerning health care.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Rothycia Emberlyn wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 10:50 I would agree to that It is always a good thing to have an emergency plan, better to be safe than sorry thou. I do felt also like the author covered everything that would be needed. While there were other useful chapters, I felt chapter 11 was the most useful for me. Thanks you!
I agree, it was also the most useful to me as well. It is always a great idea to have an emergency plan, not just for the doctors, but also for a fire or something. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Adaeze Joan wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 10:04 I would say I found chapter 7 and 11 more useful because it gives us the basics of some impossible things we need to know concerning health care.
At this point, that is about the only chapters I remember, so I would agree with your assessment. It was hard to pick which one I found the most useful, but finally decided on chapter 11 as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Tushar Swami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tushar-swami.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Tushar Swami »

I found chapter 7 the most useful. It described how we should stand up for ourselves and advocate for ourselves. This chapter taught me a lot of new things.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”