Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Mary Angelie G
Favorite Book: The Once and Future King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-angelie-g.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Mary Angelie G »

I cant see how anybody would NOT choose any form of medical care. With that, insurances would be a solution; a safety net. Personally, I do find Healthcare insurances financially burdensome. I actually envy countries with free healthcare.
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

I feel even if healthcare is a choice I think vaccination should be a necessity

When Edward Jenner developed the first smallpox vaccine, the vaccine was born. It has grown up to become a teenager which W.H.O proudly announces as the most cost-effective way of avoiding disease – it currently prevents 2-3 million deaths a year, and a further 1.5 million could be saved by making vaccination legal.

Unlike every teenager facing different issues; anti-vaxxer sentiment for the past two centuries has been remarkably consistent in its major themes. the non-scientific or the pseudoscientific sense and completely extraterrestrial surrounded by fake news, multiple rumours and polarized opinions. Also, their anthem “Wakefield study” states vaccination causes autism. GOD! Obviously, if one believes in the incompetence of vaccines then one might also believe Unicorns exist.

History standing justice POLIO, TETANUS, FLU, HEPATITIS B, HEPATITIS A, RUBELLA, MEASLES, MUMPS, - all can be prevented by a vaccine. Believe it or not, this line is from a textbook of a ninth-grader. Even they know the value of vaccines.

Then why not make it legally bounding? Because it curtails Liberty which was the cry at the French protest this year. These people gathered in crowds against the vaccine during a raging pandemic. All this can come up to is third-degree murder – complete disregard for the lives around them.

We might have immunity for one disease. What about my future gen? they might need it. If you don’t believe in outbreaks, here’s Disneyland where there was a measles outbreak in 2014 California. Innocent toddlers and infants were among the major ones who were affected. Just because of the high handiness of not taking a vaccine.

Finally, a law passed by the California legislature mandating public school immunization that now all the 50 states follow against a variety of diseases. Now, won’t you agree that vaccines be effective and work to their full potential. Laws play a key role in it.
Majd Ali
Currently Reading: The Best Is Yet to Come
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majd-ali.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by Majd Ali »

I think healthcare is never a choice. Everyone needs healthcare at some point. Each time I visit the dentist it takes at least three visits to finish and I always say I am not going back to the dentist. It is always that I return back because of an urgent thing, tooth decay or acute pain.
Gabriella Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-smith.html
Latest Review: Uncommon Poems Common People by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser)

Post by Gabriella Smith »

I 100% agree that healthcare is a necessity. However weather or no a person who needs healthcare chooses to accept or deny the health care is completely up to them.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

In my view, I think healthcare is a necessity and not a choice. Because it is very important to attend to patients immediately they come for treatment, but in the case of choice, you tend to attend to them at your own will, which is not a good thing.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

I agree with the author. Healthcare is a necessity. However, quality of healthcare can become a choice. Although all persons need some form of healthcare in their lives at a point, certain factors will eventually affect the quality of the healthcare they will receive. Where they are well to do, it becomes a choice as to accessing which healthcare plan is best for them and their family.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Healthcare is definitely a necessity, but only at certain points in life. The modern medical system is the best system for handling acute ailments and emergencies. At that time, the patient should be rushed to a hospital without any second thoughts. So in that context, it is a necessity.
As far as insurance is considered, it is a no-brainer. Buy one for yourself. Patients who are admitted to hospitals for a few days recieve bills worth thousands of dollars. And if there is a surgery involved, then it can drain your bank account. So it's much better to pay some small amount every year to cover yourself through insurance. Because remember, you are infinitely more important than money.
Best regards
Christine Joy G 1
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-joy-g-1.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Christine Joy G 1 »

I agree with the author. In life, health means wealth, so in that matter, it is obvious that healthcare is a necessity. We shouldn't take it for granted, we shouldn't just make it one of the options to have a better life. Secure your healthcare and make it a priority.
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

In my opinion I think that healthcare isn’t a choice but necessity. Because at one point or the other we all need to pay a visit to the hospital either for treatments or emergency. So having medical insurance is very important so the financial burden can be eased.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I think heathcare falls in the middle of choice/necessity. There are times when it falls in the necessity category - i.e. when your appendix bursts. This does not happen to everyone, but at the same time, if you do not receive immediate care, you can die. In this situation, healthcare is absolutely a necessity because without it, the only option is death. Therefore, if you agree that every human is entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," then healthcare is a necessity. However, there is a limit to what can be defined as necessity and what begins to fall into the "choice" category. Every situation is different.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

Healthcare is a necessity but if you include other factors like finances and lack of good medical care especially in rural areas. Then people will consider healthcare as a choice.
Kyle Hylan-Corcoran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle-hylan-corcoran.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Kyle Hylan-Corcoran »

Healthcare is absolutely a necessity. When we talk about choice, as in, which health insurance plan to choose, which prescription medication to take, etc., the bigger picture is obscured. We are all temporarily able-bodied (some of us have never been able-bodied) and when the time comes to treat our bodies with medical, some do not have the choice of seeking care due to cost. Isn't the choice between seeking medical or not more important than competition between health insurers who cut corners on coverage to save money?
Olachi Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olachi-eze.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Olachi Eze »

Health care to me is a necessity.lets look at it from the point of trauma, where an accidental occurs,u will definitely need to access a health care for treatment, or in terms of chronic illness which could happen to anyone. So I agree with the author that it is a necessity
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

The author is completely right.. we need health care, it is not just a choice but a necessity. At one point in our life we all fall sick and at that time we really need it.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

Healthcare should be affordable to everyone- if free sounds utopian. It is a necessity, and not everyone can afford health insurance. In my country, not many people pay for health insurance simply because they lack the culture of doing that- until they get rather old and find it extremely necessary.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”