Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I agree with the author that healthcare should really be a necessity, since it regards to people's lives. I would have to say that it is a choice when or when not to go to healthcare (as long as you are not affecting others, for example, not getting the Covid vaccine).
Saniya Mansuri
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saniya-mansuri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Saniya Mansuri »

Obviously it's a necessity, living in this modern world with all the surrounding pollution, unhealthy food, lack of exercise , obesity and heart and lung diseases , i think healthcare is a must for us. In recent times due to the pandemic i think good health care isn't a choice anymore.
GreenBookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenbookworm.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith

Post by GreenBookworm »

I think it is needed, a necessity. I used to try putting away money to a jar, in case I get sick, need medicine. If I had run out of money, I touched it. Hovewer if this kind of money goes to such an account which is created for healthcare, you can not use it to something else.
Ananya Srivastava
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya-srivastava.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Ananya Srivastava »

I honestly don't think anyone can disagree with your statement. Everyone has at some point in their life had an antibiotic, an antiviral, a painkiller and a bunch of other drugs. There are many who require insulin, glycogen, steroids and others due to their chronic conditions. There are traffic accidents and surgeries performed every day. Healthcare is most definitely a necessity, and hopefully, it's recognized as such in the coming few years.
Tatijana Peseta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tatijana-peseta.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B08W43F8Y5

Post by Tatijana Peseta »

Absolutely! Everyone has a right to get healthcare when they need it and not be charged large amounts of money for even simple procedures. I think healthcare also ties in with economic status as the lower income you have, the less likely someone going to seek healthcare because they can't afford it. Therefore, healthcare and insurance is a necessity for everyone.
Bhaskar Rogha
Currently Reading: Twilight
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskar-rogha.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Bhaskar Rogha »

To a certain extent, health care is a necessity. A minimum standard of health is required to stay stress-free and happy. Beyond that, worrying about small lack of not so important minerals is a choice.
BookishWorld
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by BookishWorld »

What an interesting premise! I have always assumed that healthcare as a necessity is already a given and no longer debatable. However, I could see your point especially in our current times where there are emerging conflicting viewpoints to adopt health measures supposedly meant for everyone's benefit but rejected (even albeit violently by some).
Awuor Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Awuor Esther »

I agree. We as humans are exposed to a wide variety of environments and just as much we are exposed to various diseases and illnesses. We don't choose the kind of conditions and diseases that infect us... How then would we choose to get healthcare, it's a necessity!
ankita saxena
Currently Reading: Amora
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankita-saxena.html
Latest Review: Dreams Are To Be Lived by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: Redmi

Post by ankita saxena »

I agree with the author that healthcare is a necessity in one's life.
At the same time insurance company and healthcare providers are trying to make health care choice as well. As they provide us various offers and deals for regular health check ups to attract us towards healthcare
Rofiat Olomoda
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rofiat-olomoda.html
Latest Review: Go Forth from Where You Are by Tova Herman

Post by Rofiat Olomoda »

of course healthcare is no doubt a necessity. Think of our daily routine starting from when we wake up in the morning, the food we eat, the stress we go through at work, the everyday challenges and all. We definitely need to take care of our health because I believe to be healthy is to be strong and agile.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

Yes, I totally agree. At one point or the other, we would require some form of healthcare. Hence, healthcare is a necessity and not a choice. However, the manner we choose to meet this necessity might differ based on socioeconomic and or environmental differences. Insurance is good, but might not be a necessity for everyone especially in countries where there are no viable health insurance covers, or where the available insurance options are not worth it.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

I can agree with those words because the need for medical care in some form is always there. As much as we do not want and want to avoid this fact, this can hardly happen if we are healthy susceptible to various types of diseases.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I think healthcare is necessity because people can just not get any sickness throughout their entire life. There must be when someone gets sick or injured, especially when covid 19 spread throughout the world.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Healthcare is a necessity but it doesn't always have to come through a hospital and health insurance is not a system set up in many countries in the world
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

I'm a medical doctor, so I agree unreservedly that healthcare is a necessity. Every person falls sick at least once in their lifetime, and the existence of a healthcare system is crucial to maintaining health and wellness. Imagine if people died under so slight a temptation as a common cold due to lack of access to proper healthcare. The world would be in shambles. One needs only look at the raging pandemic. Imagine if there were no hospitals or clinics and we were in a pandemic? A joke. Healthcare is no more a choice than falling sick is a choice.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”