Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Thabo Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabo-sibanda-1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Thabo Sibanda 1 »

Healthcare is inevitably a necessity. Why? Because health complications are beyond human control. They may arise anytime.
Anysa De Freitas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anysa-de-freitas.html
Latest Review: Karinya by Paul Drewitt

Post by Anysa De Freitas »

I 100% agree with the author that healthcare is an absolute necessity! Nobody knows when they will become sick and everyone needs some sort of medical assistance at one point in their lives, some just happen to be more severe than others. Insurance is indeed an out-of-pocket cost, but it helps immensely to lower the overall costs of receiving the medical intervention in the long run.
Dua Aslam
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dua Aslam »

Yesss, i supremely agree with the author, i would also love to write stories, content etc. Healthcare is something who always be the first for humans life. If you're good and healthy, it seeks positivity in you, bring enlighten your soul every day. Health care is the power to activate yourself for new challenges every day.
Emily Schrum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-schrum.html
Latest Review: Peanut Butter & Jelly Go Good Together by CARLOTTA LENOR Washington

Post by Emily Schrum »

In order to say whether you agree or not, you first have to answer the question; what is healthcare? Are we saying only certified doctors can provide healthcare? Is someone who practices medicine in a remote tribe providing healthcare even though they've never gone to medical school? If that person is considered to be providing healthcare, then yes, I do believe healthcare is necessary to everyone. However, if the person is not considered to be providing healthcare because of a lack of a degree, then the answer becomes that healthcare is a necessity to most but not all.
LYDIA KINYANJUI
Currently Reading: The Bright One of the Skillful Hand
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-kinyanjui.html
Latest Review: God's Plan For Your Future by David Charles Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by LYDIA KINYANJUI »

Absolutely agree. Almost everybody will fall ill at some point in their lives. Be is short or long term with the burden being on the latter especially if the illness is chronic. The majority are not able to cover expenses. It defiantly should be a neccesity.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

cd20 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 16:14 The author states, "We should be able to agree that everyone during his or her life will require some form of medical care. Given this, it is not a choice, but honestly a necessity for all (p79)." Do you agree or disagree with this?
I agree with the author. A person can never know what problems he may get into and when he may need medical help. Life cannot always flow smoothly. Accidents can happen to anyone at any time. That’s why I think healthcare can’t be an option but a necessity for every man. Many people in the world do not have this option, which is very tragic. Healthcare is one of the basic human rights, and the country should make it possible.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Healthcare is undoubtedly a necessity. Everyone needs it at some point it life, especially women. Giving birth in itself is a process that requires good healthcare so that a baby and the mother can be safe. It should be free to bring life into this world in the most comfortable environment.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I don't even think this should be a debate. Healthcare is a necessity, not a choice. We all need medical attention now or in the future. It might be our loved ones and ourselves
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

It's definitely a necessity. A person will never know when will health problems will appear in his/her life. So it's not our part to make a choice. We should give priority to our health because our health is a big NECESSITY.
Tushar Swami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tushar-swami.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Tushar Swami »

Healthcare is definitely a necessity and not a choice. If it was a choice, people would not pay attention to it and do other things that they consider to be more 'productive' or 'fun'.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I agree with the author that healthcare is a necessity. Health can turn from good to bad quickly. We all will need medical care at some in our lives. I do believe we should have a choice of what type of medical care we receive.i
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Post by Fliesie01 »

I full-heartedly agree with the author on this statement, especially in South Africa, where I am from, it is really important to have insurance especially medical insurance, to make sure that you have the best care and medicine at your disposal. The public hospitals are not up to the standard that they should be and it is very concerning, while at private hospitals they are more up to the right standards.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

Of course, 100%. It's a fundamental part of life, nobody chooses to need medical help any more than they choose to need food, water and shelter. Healthcare is a necessity to all and should always be available when required
Nouria el saftawy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nouria-el-saftawy.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Nouria el saftawy »

In my personal opinion I think healthcare is definitely a necessity, if we neglect our health that could lead to big health problems and some of them may lead to death, so that’s why I think it’s important, although not every health problem needs as much of attention as the other, for example someone who suffers from diabetes or cancer will need more attention than someone who has the flu which is mostly not extremely dangerous.
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

Healthcare is an absolute necessity. Good health habits only mitigate avoidable health issues. However, there are health issues that are beyond human control. That's where health insurance and other aspects of healthcare come in; to give us a decent chance at recovery. Healthcare is necessary.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”