Favorite Things

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Favorite Things

Post by Hhannahh »

I liked this book and its message, and I enjoyed reliving the author's experiences. I especially liked the author's honesty, and I liked the conversational tone of this book. However, my favorite part of this book was the bit on A glimpse into our not-so-sleepy town… This part introduced a new genre in this book, something akin to historical fiction (although this one was no fiction), and I love historicals.
So what was your favorite (or least favorite) thing about this book?
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I think my least favorite thing was the pictures at the end of the book. I also enjoyed the conversational tone and the parts that read like fiction. Thanks for the question.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

To be honest, every part of the book was my favorite. She incorporates something interesting in each chapter that it feels like you are not reading a self-help book at all! Also, the pictures at the end were a nice touch.
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

cd20 wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 17:07 I think my least favorite thing was the pictures at the end of the book. I also enjoyed the conversational tone and the parts that read like fiction. Thanks for the question.
I liked the pictures at the end of the book. I feel they made the whole story feel more real. So I'm curious as to why you disliked the pictures.
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

I liked the book overall. However, the part that appealed to me was the pictures at the end. There was nothing to be disliked in the book. I would love to read it again.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Hhannahh wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 02:59
cd20 wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 17:07 I think my least favorite thing was the pictures at the end of the book. I also enjoyed the conversational tone and the parts that read like fiction. Thanks for the question.
I liked the pictures at the end of the book. I feel they made the whole story feel more real. So I'm curious as to why you disliked the pictures.
I should clarify, I liked the pictures just fine. I did not like the location of the pictures, sorry for the confusion! For me, I would prefer the pictures to be in context, it makes for easier reading, and it is easier for me to remember the events that the pictures are referring to.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Namitha Iyer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namitha-iyer.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Namitha Iyer »

While I definitely enjoyed the book as a whole, my favorite part was the kind of language that she used to communicate her ideas to the readers. It was easy to understand, conversational, and even though the theme itself is quite heavy, the light-hearted nature of her words made the book significantly easier to grasp and comprehend.
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

I like every part of the book to be honest and the pictures at the end of each chapters got me captivated because it sinks and links the message in properly. Thanks for the question and I really find the pictures at the end of each chapters significant.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I really loved the personal anecdotes that the author shared. They really made the experiences seem more believable and made the book as a whole a joy to read.

I also loved the medical jargon used. It was very informative and I learned new things every time. It also spurred me into research and learning even more.

Good question.
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

I really love how detailed the author is when it comes to her tips regarding healthcare matters. I also love it when she discussed the importance of having a comfortable and good relationship with your physician, and the part wherein she discussed where to buy affordable medication online.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I relished that the author acknowledges that everyone possesses unique paths. Things that have worked for some people may not pan out the way we want when we apply them in our lives. This uniquenesses appealed to me the most.
Siri RG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Siri RG »

Gorgeous illustrations and her hand written text is just as lovely. The first part of the book about her own collection. A good read for anyone drawn to a collection of objects and the meanings we put upon them.
lipsa doraiburu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lipsa-doraiburu.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by lipsa doraiburu »

I like that it had such a calming impact on me. And the fact that same question were asked to everyone so there were different kind of opinions I liked that. Now I have many new perspective to a situation and how to handle that.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I also enjoyed the information (and the photos) about her family's past. It was captivating to read about how her mother worked as her husband's nurse. They even attended church in a different town so they could keep a professional relationship with the people in their town.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kim Jek »

My favorite feature of this book is the author's real life experiences. I particularly like the experience of the man who had emotional problems, only to find out that he had a brain tumor.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”