July & August 2021 Book Discussion

For July and August 2021 you can read whatever you want. It is a free-choice read for both months!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

July & August 2021 Book Discussion

Post by Heidi M Simone »

For the next two months, the idea is for you to choose whatever book you'd like to read and share what you've read with others! It could a genre that you love, a genre you haven't read in a while, or even a genre you've never heard and all in between. So, pick a book, get cozy, and have some fun reading these next two months!

:bookclub:

If you're not sure what to share, here are some discussion points that you can include :)
  • What did you read?
  • Share what genre(s) would this book fall under?
  • Did you find that the author portrayed the genre well?
  • How did you choose this book?
  • Who would you recommend this novel to?
As always, let's have fun reading and discussing books! :techie-reference:
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

Ok, so I just finished reading a book that's falls under the travel/lifestyle genre. It is titled Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life. This book is well written and the author achieves his purpose of writing the book in my opinion.
I was just looking for a book to review when I came across this book on this site.
I recommend this book to people looking to leave their country to live in another.
Debra Crawford
Favorite Book: This Girl
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Debra Crawford »

My first post! Im so excited! I am currently finishing a 3-book series by Colleen Hoover: "Slammed", "Point of Retreat", and "This Girl". I have enjoyed these quick reads that are rom-com genre, and no sexual material, some language. "Slammed" is written from the girl's perspective and "Point of Retreat" is a continuation of this love story, but written in the man's perspective. Then, the final book "This Girl" is written from the man's perspective, but they go back to events that happened throughout the first book to provide his point of view on what happened each time. I would recommend these books as young adult reads.
Mheaton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mheaton »

I just finished both The Wife Upstairs and The Guilt Trip. Physchological suspense is my favorite and i liked both of these. The Guilt Trip was more of a family drama, though. Anyone read them?
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I am currently working my way through Tami Hoag's works. I finished the Tony Mendez/ Anne Leone "trilogy" (not really a trilogy - more three books centered around the same police officers/advocates). This was one of the classic murder mystery books. I thought it was interesting that the author decided to place the books in the 1980s when behavioral science was just becoming recognized. The other aspect was the constant references to technology that we know and rely upon, such as fingerprinting and DNA, that were not available in this time period. It was definitely an interesting read, and the author did a great job at keeping the mystery "whodunit" till the very end, making sure there were a wide variety of subjects to chose from. Definitely worth the read!!

Return to “July and August 2021 Genre Discussion”