Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Post by khaulah »

I gave worldlines 4 out of 4 stars. The concept of parallel worldlines was good. But what was really refreshing was that how the characters could affect their counterpart's life through lucid dreaming. I enjoyed reading it.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

I have read this book a year ago. I absolutely love this book! :romance-heartsthree:
The subject of multiple universes and lucid dreaming is interesting. Adam Guest also adds a touch of humour in the story which makes my reading experience more than enjoyable. I am looking forward to reading the Many Worlds 2 - The Futility of Vengeance. :happy-partydance:
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I rated this book a 3 out of 4 stars. This book showed me a scenario which I never thought was possible. I loved that this book made me think more deeper about things, especially the many world concept and the act of lucid dreaming.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I really enjoyed this book. The whole concept of alternate realities and being able to travel between them in dreams and dementia was compelling. I wanted to give the book four stars, but it still had over ten errors, so I gave it three.
elouie44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elouie44 »

I rate this book a 2 out of 4 stars; it just wasn't for me, but I know a lot of other people enjoy it. In the Kindle version I read there were a ton of missing periods at the end of sentences which was odd. Interesting concept though.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

the_invaded_privacy wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:27 A 4 out of 4 for me, because that's how physics nerds function. The concept of multiverse induced with Schrodinger's cat and probability will always be a hit. Even though the writing style is not my cup of tea, I still enjoyed it plenty.
Some of us rated it 3 out of 4 instead because of the amount of errors. :lol2: This was the first science fiction I've read and first one that involved the multiverse, but you seem like you've already read plenty of them. I wonder how else this could be approached with other theories.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Amanda Dobson wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 07:42 I thought it was an interesting read thought I would give it at 3 out of 4 only because it talks a lot about science and I am not the biggest science fan. What I liked the most was the description of the multiverse because I now understand it better and the author did a great job with his writing style. I would recommend this book to people I know who like to read books with more science in to.
I've read another science fiction after this; Worldlines is actually less concentrated on science compared to that one, so I'm shocked. Also, isn't a little unfair to rate it according to genre preferences? :lol: Anyway, it's still impressive that although you don't like science much, you were still able to follow and understand more about the universe. It's nice.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Amy Luman wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:06 Yay! Finally a book for BOTM in one of my favorite genres. The whole multiverse theory gets confusing, but it is something that I am willing to take the time to figure out. There is something to be said inn support of the author's writing style. Not everyone will be thrilled.
I could swear there's been other sci-fi books that's been featured for BOTM... anyway. I would love to read a science fiction that's not confusing. :lol2: Also, I'm confused about whether you liked the author's writing style or not. It's a little messy for me but it only needs a little polishing and it should be fine.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:16 I did the same. I enjoyed the book very much, but the number of errors was really striking and I found the writing style a bit too messy. Otherwise, it was a great read!
Me, too. :lol2: I was shocked to see others rate it a perfect 4 out of 4, but maybe they got the revised version. I think the writing style was messy, too... it was obvious that it's the author's first time to write something like this. But it only needs a little polishing and it should be great.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:23 The book was very cool! The main subject was exciting, the characters well developed, the narration smooth, and the switching from one timeline to another well-executed. The subject of multiverse theory was explained well and easy to understand for those who never heard about it before. I'm sure someone could make a great movie out of this story, it deserves it!

What I didn't like was a careless approach to the writing style - there were hundreds of missing commas in reported speech - and it was quite a bummer for the whole experience. There is a reason why punctuation signs exist.

I was also having some doubts if the other characters in the story would so easily believe in Gary's explanation of what was happening. In real life, it could not go so smoothly. But... in one of all the possible timelines certainly, everyone would believe it! ;)
Great review! Witty last sentence, too. :lol2: I think his friends really trust him, also I get that (sometimes) blind loyalty and support for friends. They probably didn't believe him 100% at first, though; there was just that need to be beside him since he's obviously going through something horrible.
Kathleen Lavador

yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

EternalD wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 14:15 I liked that the author successfully made a complex topic readable and understandable to the average reader. You don't need a Physics degree to read this book. Anyway, I found that the repetitions did a lot of damage to the book. I hope Adam can improve on the sequels as it's clear that he's an author with a great future. I would rate it three out of four stars.
yeah right? the author did a fantastic job blending such complex and mind blowing theory into a thing as simple as childs play. As for the repitition part, i dont really see the damage from my point of view. It was just as nessecary as the organisation, in a way.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

I rated this masterpiece 4 out of 4 stars. The book itself fascinates me. I enjoyed reading the plot twists. And the way Adam Guest explains the concept of multiverse is so easy to comprehend.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This was my first book with a multiverse theme. I thought the author did a great job illustrating the worldlines; there were just enough to show the theory in action without confusing the reader with too many of them. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to those who like sci-fi novels with a character focus.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Wordlines by Adam Guest is a book that delves into the theory of the multiverse. The book moves quickly and is well written. It introduces two types of Garry: blue and black. The book has many noteworthy points to grasp, and I presume Garry is a good person, as only his other version makes his character horrible due to anger and frustration. In addition, I couldn't have known he was killing someone as he didn't do what he fantasized about. In fact, he was in command of it. Furthermore, I gave this book 3 out of 4 stars because of its interesting plotline, but if I hadn't caught a minor error, I would have given it a perfect 4 stars.
Maria Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maria Fernandez »

I rated it 3 out of 4 I enjoyed that the book had unique characters even though they were technically the same person. But the writing errors were just too much and it really lagged the book a lot. Also, I feel like there wasn't really a solution at the end.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”