Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Post by lavkathleen »

Mtibza eM wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 12:42 I rated the book three of out of 4 stars because as much as I liked its concept, I found glaring errors. I didn't like the fact that it didn't wrap up the entire story properly. But other than that the characters we were we developed and had thier own, unique different personalities. I recommend it to people who love reading about multiverse.
I gave it the same rating for the same reason. I think the ending went well, though; actually, that was my favorite part. It's not supposed to wrap up everything anyway. :lol2: It's the first book of the series; some parts are supposed to be left open-ended to be explored in the following books.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

ROSEYANN wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:57 I gave Worldlines a four out of four ratings. I thought that the author took an ordinary story and made it extraordinary by adding multiply storylines. Instead of having one end, you had like two or three endings. I found the book a little confusing at the beginning. however, the more I read the storylines were clarified. Excellent book I enjoyed it.
There were a lot of errors, though, so I gave it a three instead. That's a little different way of describing it, though. A lot of us are more focused about the fact that these were theories in physics that were applied in the story. The way you described it is the vice versa. :lol2:
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Koyna wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:57 I felt the the book, especially the 'Many world' concept, was very intriguing. In my opinion, there were some scenes that were repetitive. But that did not lessen my interest in the book.
Yeah, that was discussed in some of the other topics here. The repetitions are necessary for the author to show the similarity between the worlds so he can reiterate the fact that they are each other's alternate universe. It also makes the differences stand out.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

jomana_3 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 11:06 I rated it 3 out of 4 stars. It was a smooth read, and I was satisfied with the ending. I also enjoyed reading about parallel universes and different worldlines. However, what stopped me from giving it a higher rating was that it had many errors.
I removed one star for the same reason, too! It was truly fascinating to read about parallel universes, but what really nailed it for me is the author's storytelling technique and how mind-blowing the message was. The writing style needs work, though so even if it didn't have much errors, I still can't guarantee a perfect 4.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

DyanaFl wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 11:49 I gave the book a 3 out of 4 star rating; mostly due to the errors. The repeated contractions in the writing style were also a minor annoyance for me.
I liked the story as a whole. The subtle similarities or differences in the different worldlines was nicely laid down. Although the story touched down on some heavy quantum concepts, it was comparatively easy to grasp. The end was in accordance with the multiverse theory, so I was pleased.
I gave it a 3 for the same reason. I'm surprised to see someone so annoyed about contractions that they had to mention it. :lol2: But I guess that's also part of why I found the writing style to be messy. If there weren't so many errors and the writing style was a little more polished, I might've given it a perfect 4.
Kathleen Lavador

Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

This book was well-written and had a lot of plot twists. I liked the professor's ideas and the various decisions that were made in different worlds. So I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars over and over again
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

Adam Guest is an expert at keeping the reader engaged. There is not much I disliked about this book. The repetition was somewhat annoying, but understandably necessary as each worldline needed to have their story unfold in a certain way.
the_invaded_privacy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-invaded-privacy.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by the_invaded_privacy »

lavkathleen wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 04:34
the_invaded_privacy wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:27 A 4 out of 4 for me, because that's how physics nerds function. The concept of multiverse induced with Schrodinger's cat and probability will always be a hit. Even though the writing style is not my cup of tea, I still enjoyed it plenty.
Some of us rated it 3 out of 4 instead because of the amount of errors. :lol2: This was the first science fiction I've read and first one that involved the multiverse, but you seem like you've already read plenty of them. I wonder how else this could be approached with other theories.

Oh yeah, the errors. I forgot about those. I am pretty sure I noticed them but then I sunk into all the theories. And I don't know what happened after that. :lol: :doh:
[/quote]
malik khaizran
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malik-khaizran.html
Latest Review: The Shade of Highfall by Mark O'Dell

Post by malik khaizran »

Wow, I love the book. I undoubtedly give in read book 3 out of 4 stars. If you are interested in the parallel world and enjoy some mystery and thrill in reading then this is your book. Get ready for the unexpected world of multiple worlds and murder mysteries. You won't be able to put it down once you started reading it. If you are interested in the parallel world and enjoy some mystery and thrill in reading then this is your book.You won't be able to put it down once you started reading it.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

There were a few errors in this book but I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I liked the creative storyline and the way the plot keeps you guessing. I didn't particularly like the repetitiveness of it when Gary travels to different multiverses
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

i rate it 3 out of 4 because their are number of errors in the book except that the story is quite intersting. i like the plot of the story and the ending is also justified. there are few repetitive seen but still i was fascinating about the story.
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

I read this book when it came out last year, so I never really rated but I'd give it a 4 out of 4. I absolutely loved it. I was hooked from the beginning, and it took me out of a reading slump. I find the subject of lucid dreaming very interesting. If anyone knows any other books that include it or talk about it let me know!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 because I enjoyed the authors writing style.

As a science fan I enjoyed the authors description of the Multiverse although the concept of Multiverse is confusing. I feel that the author did a great job in trying to explain. I would definitely recommend it to readers who enjoy science fiction.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

I think this book was a 4-star novel. I really liked Adam Guest's narration skills--how he explained the complex topic of multiverse theory in an easy-to-understand manner. By no doubt, this is a book I would like to recommend to other readers. Sincerely, there is nothing I disliked about this book.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
blackjack1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackjack1.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Reading Device: duokan

Post by blackjack1 »

I didn't like the overall idea about quantum physics and lucid dreams and rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, since it was written quite well in my opinion
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”