Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the July 2021 Book of the month, Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel (Many Worlds, #1) by
Adam Guest!

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I rated it 3 out of 4 due to the number of errors, otherwise I found it very engaging. I loved how the author build the characters using information from various lines. He managed to create the storyline by presenting Garry & his friends during various scenarios. I found that very exciting! They are basically the same people, even if they made different decisions during their lives.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Post by Fliesie01 »

I loved this book, I rated it 4 out of stars. I enjoyed the theme and the plot twists. The idea of multiverses fascinates me, it boggles my mind and I love that. This is a book I will read and reread over and over again.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I rated this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I found it brilliant, full of food for thought concerning the influence of events on a person's life and the importance of a person's reaction to those events.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

I gave this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars rating. It was a fascinating and exciting story with very crazy ideas, for lack of a better word. I particularly loved the professor's ideas and the thought of same action and different decisions our outcomes in different worlds.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I thought it was an interesting read thought I would give it at 3 out of 4 only because it talks a lot about science and I am not the biggest science fan. What I liked the most was the description of the multiverse because I now understand it better and the author did a great job with his writing style. I would recommend this book to people I know who like to read books with more science in to.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Yay! Finally a book for BOTM in one of my favorite genres. The whole multiverse theory gets confusing, but it is something that I am willing to take the time to figure out. There is something to be said inn support of the author's writing style. Not everyone will be thrilled.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:42 I rated it 3 out of 4 due to the number of errors, otherwise I found it very engaging. I loved how the author build the characters using information from various lines. He managed to create the storyline by presenting Garry & his friends during various scenarios. I found that very exciting! They are basically the same people, even if they made different decisions during their lives.
I did the same. I enjoyed the book very much, but the number of errors was really striking and I found the writing style a bit too messy. Otherwise, it was a great read!
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

The book was very cool! The main subject was exciting, the characters well developed, the narration smooth, and the switching from one timeline to another well-executed. The subject of multiverse theory was explained well and easy to understand for those who never heard about it before. I'm sure someone could make a great movie out of this story, it deserves it!

What I didn't like was a careless approach to the writing style - there were hundreds of missing commas in reported speech - and it was quite a bummer for the whole experience. There is a reason why punctuation signs exist.

I was also having some doubts if the other characters in the story would so easily believe in Gary's explanation of what was happening. In real life, it could not go so smoothly. But... in one of all the possible timelines certainly, everyone would believe it! ;)
the_invaded_privacy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-invaded-privacy.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by the_invaded_privacy »

A 4 out of 4 for me, because that's how physics nerds function. The concept of multiverse induced with Schrodinger's cat and probability will always be a hit. Even though the writing style is not my cup of tea, I still enjoyed it plenty.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

I gave Worldlines a four out of four ratings. I thought that the author took an ordinary story and made it extraordinary by adding multiply storylines. Instead of having one end, you had like two or three endings. I found the book a little confusing at the beginning. however, the more I read the storylines were clarified. Excellent book I enjoyed it.
Koyna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koyna.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Koyna »

I felt the the book, especially the 'Many world' concept, was very intriguing. In my opinion, there were some scenes that were repetitive. But that did not lessen my interest in the book.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I rated it 3 out of 4 stars. It was a smooth read, and I was satisfied with the ending. I also enjoyed reading about parallel universes and different worldlines. However, what stopped me from giving it a higher rating was that it had many errors.
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

I gave the book a 3 out of 4 star rating; mostly due to the errors. The repeated contractions in the writing style were also a minor annoyance for me.
I liked the story as a whole. The subtle similarities or differences in the different worldlines was nicely laid down. Although the story touched down on some heavy quantum concepts, it was comparatively easy to grasp. The end was in accordance with the multiverse theory, so I was pleased.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I rated the book three of out of 4 stars because as much as I liked its concept, I found glaring errors. I didn't like the fact that it didn't wrap up the entire story properly. But other than that the characters we were we developed and had thier own, unique different personalities. I recommend it to people who love reading about multiverse.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”