Is death the only thing guaranteed in our lives?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Is death the only thing guaranteed in our lives?

Post by Humera955 »

Definitely death is the only guaranteed thing unlike all the other things in life,but that doesn't mean we stop Living . Gary could have died in the accident but he didn't. That's what was written in his destiny. And death is eventually going to approach him
:tiphat:
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

That is a common claim, but no, death isn't the only guarantee. You could get nit-picky over what is considered a guarantee. You are guaranteed the need for food and water to survive. I think there are more guarantees, but food and water and two important ones.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I don't think death is the only thing guaranteed in life. It's something that is inevitable but so is the continuance of life and several other things. As for the relevance to the story, I think it shows that the characters or anybody per se do not have any guarantee or know what happens after death.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I think that quote wasn't relevant to the story. Also, I don't agree with the author because it is not just dead that was guaranteed in your life. But also things like born, who is your parents also already decided by the God.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Nathaniel Owolabi wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 04:34 Well, I do not think people say that, since this is the first time I have read this. To answer your second question, I do agree that death is guaranteed in life but I do not think it is the only thing guaranteed, I think life is also guaranteed for before you die you have to live. I do think it is rather relevant to prove his point,
Yes, certainly I agreed with you. Death is guaranteed in life, we all know that but we care not to talk about it rather we live and enjoy the time and stay we have here on earth. Also, Death is not the only guarantee we have in life, joy, sadness, fear, love, and grief. These are some of the guarantees I believe we still do have as humans. So the author's point is not specific.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I don’t think so, I normally hear people say change not death. But I see where the author was going with this statement in regards to the book. I think the author was trying to say perhaps with multi universe, people don’t die, rather they slip into another universe and continue living while being dead in the previous universe.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I have heard people say things like that and I also believe that, death is guarantee. No one will live forever. It is relevant to the story because in different worldlines that any single person could live in, it is sure that they will die.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

Death is definitely not the only guaranteed thing. I don't understand the statement that well but one day everyone will die.
Riya Sarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riya-sarkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Riya Sarkar »

To be honest, even death isn't very predictable because you may never know when it'll hit you. It may be tomorrow or when you're 100 years old and even your children are dead.
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

Although I agree with it, the comment was not pertinent to the overall narrative. Since you have free will and virtually complete control over your life while you are still alive, death is the one thing you cannot influence. No matter how careful we get, we cannot avoid it since it is a given.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”