What are your opinions about Professor Leyton Buzzard and his teachings?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

What are your opinions about Professor Leyton Buzzard and his teachings?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

He was a man who would often go off on a tangent, speaking enthusiastically about a subject we had no idea we were meant to be discussing. Usually, you’d think you were following him, only to find you weren’t when he revealed the real topic. It was his way of trying to get us to open our minds up to different scenarios and possibilities, many of which were often unfathomable.
(Location 185 of Kindle version)

Prof. Leyton Buzzard was quite enthusiastic about discussing apparently ordinary events in a detailed and a logical manner to open the minds of his students to new possibilities and theories. What do you think about his teaching style and teachings? What is your overall opinion about him?
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Post by Fliesie01 »

I think he has the perfect, quirky personality so that people struggled to believe him and his theories, it gives the worldline "theories" more mystery to it.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

I absolutely loved the professor. I loved his analysis of ordinary happenings and how cool he appeared from the conversations in the book. I loved that he liked inviting his students to think like him.
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

I loved the professor. His quirky way of teaching is exactly how I think students should be taught as it encourages us to think for ourselves, fend for ourselves. I would love to have a fairly eccentric but talented professor like him.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I think this personality of his brought a different feel to the otherwise sombre mood of the entire book. When he appeared in the book, he brought humour which I appreciated because it balanced the book perfectly.
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

I remember him from when I read this book a few months back. He seemed quirky, eccentric and slightly silly. However I did enjoy those crazy theories about of his and the passion he invested in them.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

I like how the author gave life to Professor Leyton. He was engaging but nerdy, inquisitive but open-minded. He exudes openness that makes the multiverse interesting and believable. I was rethinking my knowledge of this universe and my dreams after 'attending' his class.
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

His teaching seems cool and fun. It jogs your mind and allows you to engage fully with the content. I love his enthusiasm too. I'd have loved to have such a professor. Witty, knowledgeable, and just all round fun.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I loved professor Leyton Buzzard from his first class. At first, I was a bit lost and didn't get what he could have been talking about. After a deep analysis, I understood his method of teaching and his classes were easier to understand. In the end, I understood his concepts of worldlines from his point of view. His teachings are informative as well as fun.
nathasya devanty
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nathasya devanty »

I like how the professor teaches his students, because nowadays there are also many children who don't understand easily, so for me the professor is really creative and makes very good decisions because that's where all the students understand easily, and with the attitude of the professor including easy to wrestle with his students, i really like this
Mimi Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Mimi Kenneth »

I think his method of teaching is confusing since the scenarios and possibilities he mentioned were unfathomable to the students and when you think you're following you find out you aren't. But, I think he is a knowledgeable man whom one can learn a lot from if you adapt to his method of teaching.
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

As a teacher myself, bringing your learners to a place where their minds are open to thinking beyond the surface level, bring up possibilities they never thought of before is beautiful. I am not as talented as the professor but I sure loved him.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Fliesie01 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 04:15 I think he has the perfect, quirky personality so that people struggled to believe him and his theories, it gives the worldline "theories" more mystery to it.
Good point. Professor Buzzard had a way of connecting everyday events with some scientific theories. He did this when explaining the tree falling scenario. Professor Buzzard's character helped me understand how scientists may view the world around them.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Vine001 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 13:04 I remember him from when I read this book a few months back. He seemed quirky, eccentric and slightly silly. However I did enjoy those crazy theories about of his and the passion he invested in them.
Just to add to what you are saying. Professor Buzzard seems jovial as well. The way he questioned Gary at the beginning just seems like he was having a lot of fun.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

For me Prof. Leyton was the most interesting character, and I loved his theories and explanations. :) Of course, the students would love him, especially for his eccentricity.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”