What are your opinions about Professor Leyton Buzzard and his teachings?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: What are your opinions about Professor Leyton Buzzard and his teachings?

Post by Arite Seki »

I really liked him, I actually think he was one of my favourite characters. He's the kind of professor who brings whatever their teaching to life because you can see the passion.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

scaryeyes_25 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 01:04 I like how the author gave life to Professor Leyton. He was engaging but nerdy, inquisitive but open-minded. He exudes openness that makes the multiverse interesting and believable. I was rethinking my knowledge of this universe and my dreams after 'attending' his class.
The author has done a marvellous job to make his theories convincing to the reader by conveying them through this character. If he tried to just teach about quantum immortality the reader would have just ignored it. But due to the character qualities of this professor, as even you, there is a high chance for the readers to rethink about their beliefs on death as well as the universe.
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 01:42 His teaching seems cool and fun. It jogs your mind and allows you to engage fully with the content. I love his enthusiasm too. I'd have loved to have such a professor. Witty, knowledgeable, and just all round fun.
I too think this sort of a professor will be a favourite in any sort of university. Usually the young students love this sort of open minded teachers who shoot witty comments and uncommon jokes. A good character build up by the author.
KELVIN LANGAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-langat.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by KELVIN LANGAT »

I cherished educator Leyton Buzzard from his top of the line. From the outset, I was somewhat lost and didn't get what he might have been discussing. After a profound trusting and his classes were more clear. Examination, I comprehended his strategy for instructions.
Sushan Ekanayake

Shillah A wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 02:04 I loved professor Leyton Buzzard from his first class. At first, I was a bit lost and didn't get what he could have been talking about. After a deep analysis, I understood his method of teaching and his classes were easier to understand. In the end, I understood his concepts of worldlines from his point of view. His teachings are informative as well as fun.
Yes, his style provokes your thoughts. You may get nothing by just listening (reading) to his words, but when you let them to wander in your mind your mind will produce wonderful theories. And that is what exactly the professor expected from his students, well, actually what the author expected from his audience.
Jona00baka
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jona00baka.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jona00baka »

I like how Professor Buzzard fully engage his students in his lessons. Even though he seems to divert the focus of his lessons, he is posing questions that may help students to be critical thinkers. I could enjoy his lectures. :tiphat:
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

The professor uses actual examples to explain his theories. I also love the fact that he engages his students hence making his lessons lively. I would enjoy being in such a class.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

Personally, I will love to be Prof. Leyton Buzzard's student. He is enthusiastic about discussing this wild but it is mind-blowing. I love that attribute in my professors.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I loved the Professor's sense of humour and his teaching methods. He shows passion in his profession and makes his teaching relatable.
Sushan Ekanayake

nathasya devanty wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 02:16 I like how the professor teaches his students, because nowadays there are also many children who don't understand easily, so for me the professor is really creative and makes very good decisions because that's where all the students understand easily, and with the attitude of the professor including easy to wrestle with his students, i really like this
This professor is inherited with a great ability to tackle with students, understand them, and tailor the teaching style accordingly. And that is what is needed by most of students. At the same time this style helps the reader to understand this theory about quantum immortality.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I think the Professor played a vital role in the book. It was through him we got a better understanding of the worldlines. He did well by using comic relief in his teaching to make it more interesting.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Nancy Morara wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 08:27
Laurina_Olowo wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 04:55 As a teacher myself, bringing your learners to a place where their minds are open to thinking beyond the surface level, bring up possibilities they never thought of before is beautiful. I am not as talented as the professor but I sure loved him.
True, making his student to think beyond the imaginable assisted them to be good and effective problem solvers. This would later lead to very prosperous entrepreneurs and a promising future. As we all know a successful entrepreneur is a good problem solvers.
I couldn't agree more. Professor Buzzard is a really good teacher/lecturer. His students are probably the best at what he teaches because having a teacher who gives explanations in such vivid and simplified manners can only breed a best-of-the-best kind of student.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Jose Josphat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jose-josphat.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Jose Josphat »

During my college studies, one of my lecturers had a similar character as Prof. Leyton. I really found that interesting and the imaginations-attached discussions. This goes without say that I love Professor's character.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

I liked him and his willingness to push his students and expand their minds. He also was willing to believe in an example of the Many Worlds theory. It was interesting to see his mentor relationship with both Gary and Sinead.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

Aah, I liked him for how he teaches his student. Sometimes it feels unnerving when he's there in a scene, though. He perfectly embodies that authority of a professor and provides support for those people under his care. It's not in a comforting way, but more of a relief and trust that he's there watching over you. Also, I just get excited when he enters the scene because that means more about the scientific theories are going to be explored and explained.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”