What are your opinions about Professor Leyton Buzzard and his teachings?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Living in a Two-Faced Jungle by Michael A Powell

Re: What are your opinions about Professor Leyton Buzzard and his teachings?

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I liked the professors eccentric, fun, and quirky personality, and teaching style. He seemed to bring excitement and imagination to a subject he is passionate about and opens his students minds to alternative possibilities. Sounds like fun science lectures to me.
Tushar Swami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tushar-swami.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Tushar Swami »

He is an enthusiastic and a quite a nerdy teacher. He makes the book feel more real and has a great sense of analyzing things. I loved the character.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Sushan wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 00:18
He was a man who would often go off on a tangent, speaking enthusiastically about a subject we had no idea we were meant to be discussing. Usually, you’d think you were following him, only to find you weren’t when he revealed the real topic. It was his way of trying to get us to open our minds up to different scenarios and possibilities, many of which were often unfathomable.
(Location 185 of Kindle version)

Prof. Leyton Buzzard was quite enthusiastic about discussing apparently ordinary events in a detailed and a logical manner to open the minds of his students to new possibilities and theories. What do you think about his teaching style and teachings? What is your overall opinion about him?
I appreciated that the professor was humorous and approachable but knew what he was talking about. I usually felt like he was just talking to one or two students in a conversation when he was lecturing in a grand hall. Teachers who make their students feel that way get more buy-in, recollection, engagement, and critical thinking from their students I think.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

I enjoy his teaching style as despite his obvious brilliance and experience, he was still open to learning from and listening to his students. He was so open minded that where other professors would have turned Adam away and declared him insane, he heard him out and saw his evidence of the many world theory and then supported him in his endeavors.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Fliesie01 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 04:15 I think he has the perfect, quirky personality so that people struggled to believe him and his theories, it gives the worldline "theories" more mystery to it.
Yes. The author found a good way to convey the necessary physics lessons to the reader without making it feel like foreign stuff or damaging the flow of the story. This professor reminds me a typical physics professor who is extremely immensed in the subject
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

I loved his enthusiasm when talking about the theory of multiverse. He made an impression to me as those white haired rusty science professors who live and breathe science. When explaining his theory he doesn't force his ideas on the students.. but actively involves them practically. If I was his student, I wouldn't miss his classes. Totally loved him.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

His teachings is for the open minded. I really like the method though complicated and confusing, i think it brings out the best in a student. In short his teachings are superb.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

I think he's great. Maybe when you're studying and are supposed to talk about a certain topic you want to cover that topic completely, but it's also great to hear different ideas and get people to share their knowledge about things that they're passionate about. I think he's a pretty cool professor.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

He was a man who would often go off on a tangent, speaking enthusiastically about a subject we had no idea we were meant to be discussing. Usually, you’d think you were following him, only to find you weren’t when he revealed the real topic. It was his way of trying to get us to open our minds up to different scenarios and possibilities, many of which were often unfathomable.

Prof. Leyton Buzzard was quite enthusiastic about discussing apparently ordinary events in a detailed and a logical manner to open the minds of his students to new possibilities and theories. What do you think about his teaching style and teachings? What is your overall opinion about him?
It was quite interesting how Professor Buzzard got the students involved in the lessons. He really got them thinking through relevant questions. The students related their experiences and he was able to get them involved in the class that way. He was an important part of the whole development of each worldline. Interesting character!!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Unsullied wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 07:33 I absolutely loved the professor. I loved his analysis of ordinary happenings and how cool he appeared from the conversations in the book. I loved that he liked inviting his students to think like him.
Yes. He is the typical professor who is immersed in the subject matter and think about the ordinary things in ways that no ordinary man would think. He analyses the situations in a perfect manner (which actually is the ability of the author) and convinces the audience about his theories.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Professor Buzzard is alive in all the worldlines. He definitely got the students thinking scientifically. I mean just look at how the students added to the conversation. Professor Buzzard is an interesting character. He helped his students many times. Remember the scenario surrounding the placebo. I think he is portrayed as eccentric but a positive person. He showed how scientist derive there theories from everyday life. I think that this is an excellent point that he made in Worldlines.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Mtibza eM wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 12:37 I think this personality of his brought a different feel to the otherwise sombre mood of the entire book. When he appeared in the book, he brought humour which I appreciated because it balanced the book perfectly.
I agree he brought some humor to the Worldlines. I thought that Professor Buzzard's character really helped to spice the book up a bit. I think most persons are able to identify someone who reminds them of Professor Buzzard. Brilliant!!!
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

Professor Leyton's sense of humor was on point- I really like how he carried his dialogue and it was funny to read. In-person, however, it's very difficult to have a conversation with someone who goes off on tangents; I doubt I would appreciate it as much then.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Professor Buzzard reminded me of the clockmaker from the German series Dark. I like characters that are passionate about their work, something that is visible when they start talking about it in an enthusiastic manner. I was fascinated by the theories proposed by Proffesor Buzzard, especially the one that states that we essentially live forever as our conscious state always survives.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Unsullied wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 07:33 I absolutely loved the professor. I loved his analysis of ordinary happenings and how cool he appeared from the conversations in the book. I loved that he liked inviting his students to think like him.
Indeed. I really like his teaching style. Inviting and encouraging his student to be as open minded as possible. He has a great teaching personality
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”