Fate?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Re: Fate?

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I concur that fate exists, according to the author. But given that it depicted Gary's choice's consequences, I don't think the book is entirely dependent on fate. However, the degree of his belief in fate, I cant estimate.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

Yeah, more the the books demonstrated. The author believes in faith.
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

I suppose I could argue that the author believes in destiny, although it becomes a little murky in the context of the book and plot. You are the opposite of a doppelganger from the other universe. Gary from the Blackline would thus be heartless if Gary from the other reality had compassion. I
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

The idea of fate is challenging for me. Yes, I do think the author has this belief. It was clear how actions and results were related. For me, it's difficult to accept that the way is already paved for me, regardless of the steps I take. I like to imagine that I have a basic strategy and that I am in charge of the specifics.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”