Fate?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Re: Fate?

Post by Eddy E »

I do think the author believed in fate based on certain decisions Gary made and the outcomes. Even though he could avoid an occurance in one worldline, he may just encounter it in the next.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

To me it seem like the author did believe in fate in someways. In a couple of different places hints at it. There was one time where they was talking about the theory of multiple universe that made me feel this. Or at least a example which the author may feel like this.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html

Post by Aarti Jha »

I do think that the author did believe in fate to some extent. But at the same time, according to me, even if some outcomes were identical, they resulted from some action done by Garry and fate can't be completely held responsible for those outcomes.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

Ldpuff wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:03 Fate is a tricky concept for me. I do believe the author believes in it, yes. The linkage between actions and outcome was obvious. For me, I have a hard time believing that no matter what actions I take, the path is already laid out for me. I prefer to think there is a general plan for me, but I have control over the details.
You took the words right out of my mouth, Ldpuff.
I like the "rats in a maze" analogy. You can go right or left, but you're always gonna exit through the designated exits.
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

Fate is a concept that is hard to believe when we know the outcome is not in our favour but we still keep the faith because we want the outcome to be in our favour. This book showcased the characters who want to keep faith in their actions.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html

Post by Kavita Shah »

Fate. It's a mysterious word and there's a 50%chance the author believed in it. The outcomes didn't change in many world lines despite all the actions Garry took. It can be that the outcome is determined previously and all actions will lead to it. But is fate the outcome? I mean fate can be more than the end, it can be the ability to change and see the same outcome and once in many to see other outcome.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

I personally think that the author does believe in fate. I believe humans have free will. But our actions and plans are naturally inclined to God's plans and desires for us.
Sophia U
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-u.html
Latest Review: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story by Mark Zullo

Post by Sophia U »

Seeing how minor most of changes in the outcomes are, I'd say that the author may be partial to fate. Additionally, though Gary does show changes, the same cannot be said for other characters. That, or Gary inherently doesn't really change much at all.
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I feel the author does believe in fate, in the sense that different decisions from the ones the characters took would have led to a different story, but he chose to stick to that fact that what will happen will happen.
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

I think he believes in fate. No matter what was the possible outcomes Gary will still have to face his destiny in one plane or the other. We can choose the path we walk to but the destination would be the same.
Ivan Nechaiev
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-nechaiev.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Ivan Nechaiev »

In a world where parallel worlds exist, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. I think yes, I do believe in fate in this book. If there was such a huge phenomenon undiscovered who knows what is hiding deeper. Maybe God.
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

I think the author believed in fate into a certain extent only. I think the author wants the reader to understand that the fate can be taken into one's hand and he or she also can change it. The different outcome of the each action taken place on the four worldslines may indicate that point.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

According to me the author believes in fate, but one can't say that the entire story is based on the fate because, at the end it was Garry's actions which were leading the outcomes.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

Yes, I feel that the author believes in fate. Some events remain the same even though different choices are being made by Gary. If fate were not in play, I believe each choice would have been portrayed with a different outcome.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

To some extent, the author does not believe in fate, because everything that happened to the character was meant to be.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”