Explaining the multiverse theory

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Re: Explaining the multiverse theory

Post by NISSE »

UncleP wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 02:08 The concept of multiverse is very hard to explain unless you have a background in physics.
The author did a good job explaining it. I think that anyone who has never been able to understand the concept of multiverse theory will find this helpful.
You are correct on the author's explanation of the multiverse theory. I have read several publications and watched some you tube videos about this concept. However, I too was able to grasp the author's explanations very easily. Besides there were four possible scenarios explained in the book. That also helped in a way to understand this concept.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

Multiverse theory is itself a complex ideology and for a person like me who is not much into scientific terminology it is boring as well. But the author has done an amazing job in describing this theory.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Arthur Tobenna
Currently Reading: United States of opioid
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Arthur Tobenna »

I did not know anything about the multiverse concept before I read this book, however, after reading it, I feel like an expert in it. Adam does such a wonderful job, he explains it with great finesse despite the fact that he is expressing events in multiple worldlines. I think the different colours for the chapters was very helpful.
Blessing Okorie
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-okorie.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Post by Blessing Okorie »

I love the way the author carefully broke down the multiverse theory. The approach he used to illustrate the concept of worldlines was simply amazing. I think this concept is real but yet to be approved. His choice of words were not confusing, I haven't finished it yet but I can clearly understand his message.
Harshi4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshi4.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harshi4 »

I find the multiverse theory extremely complicated and fascinating at the same time because the very idea of it is out of the world, quite literally. This book gave me a lot of clarity and made things very simple and easy to grasp.
Hugo_W
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyj.html
Latest Review: The Greatest Game Ever Played...Maybe by Otto L. Wheeler

Post by Hugo_W »

He simplified it really well, and the usage of character (the professor) and setting (the college setting) to expand on the Worldlines theory was clever. I think that it may have been overexplained at some bits, but it's still much better than underexplained.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The concept of multiverse is challenging and can be very confusing. But, I think the author did a remarkable job because although it took me sometime to get it, at no point did I get lost in time and confused. I think the author even went an extra mile to explain the concept through characters. When he "schooled" some characters, he also enlightens the reader.
Precious Lynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-lynn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Precious Lynn »

I was able to follow the storyline and the multiverse theory despite having zero knowledge of the concept. Therefore, I think the author did a great job in including a complicated concept in an understandable and captivating way. I was educated and entertained.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Now, this was the thing which compelled me to give 4 stars to this book. The author explained such a complex and confusing concept in such an easy way. Not even once throughout the book I felt like I was reading about a scientific theory- it was all so well-merged into the storyline! Kudos to the author for this job.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Honestly, it was my first time hearing the term. With my consciousness as I have eyed the word while reading the book, I quickly search more about it on the internet. There were many noteworthy points to learn from the book, especially about this theory. I can say he did well in detailedly explicating the holistic concept of Multiverse Theory while not forgetting the narrative’s purpose. It could be hard in many ways, but with the authors’ cognitive approach, I think everyone has been illuminated by what Multiverse theory really is.
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

Usually, I am not a fan of the complex scientific content in books. However, the author does a great job of simplifying and applying the multiverse theory. I did not get lost in the scientific complexities of the theory, instead, I progressively internalized the theory as part of the story.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

I applaud the author for simplifying this generally hard concept. It was clear and easy to understand. This book even made be to read more about it.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I thought it always difficult to understand the concept of multiverse, but the author did a great job because he was able to explaining it in such a way that easy to understand by the reader. For instance, Gary's incident at the start of the book and how different outcome can happen was amazing and very easy to understand.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Honestly the author did such a good job explaining such a complex topic. Going into the book I thought it would be science-filled, but it wasn’t. The author also used easy to understand words, not gibberish. So that was a plus.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The concept of multiverse is difficult to grasp on its own. However, the author did well to simplify it for lay people like us to understand. With all instances and the plot of the book, I got the concept clearly.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”