Explaining the multiverse theory

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Icon Explaining the multiverse theory

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

How convincing was the author in explaining such a difficult concept? I thought that he did a great job and everything was very clear. He also provided enough information for readers who want to get into more details.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Post by Fliesie01 »

Normally when I think of multiverses and the space-time continuum I get so confused, but the author did a great job at explaining it, I could follow along with ease and enjoyed the story.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

The story he started with, of Garry's accident and how different outcomes would have been possible was amazing and understandable. I however got a little confused in the pages that followed and had to be really keen to get it.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I think that explaining that concept is hard in general unless you have that background. The author did do a outstanding job in explaining it because I have always had trouble understanding it but while reading this I had very little trouble. I now have a better understanding of the multiverse theory in general.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

I was fascinated by the multiverse theory for a while already and I think I get the whole concept well. So I must admit I was very curious how the author will deal with it. And he did very well! I think everything was clear and possible to understand even if you didn't know anything about it before.
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

I think the author did a spectacular job in presenting the theory. It's difficult to lay down these concepts in a simple way but the story maintained its fluidity well in those terms. So I really enjoyed it. Things were made easy by representing the worldlines by different colors and showing their similarities and differences in an easy manner as well.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I think the author did a great job in introducing such a complex theory. The aspect that made it perfect is that at the beginning of every chapter, it was written which universe that particular chapter was set on.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Fliesie01 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 03:44 Normally when I think of multiverses and the space-time continuum I get so confused, but the author did a great job at explaining it, I could follow along with ease and enjoyed the story.
I agree. The author did a great job explaining the existence multiverse. Normally we speak of a universe where there is only one outcome for every action taken. However, in a multiverse the outcomes are infinite. This explanation clarified the events and the theme of endless possibilities.
Neenu B_S
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neenu-b-s.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Neenu B_S »

I think the author was very successful in reaching the concept to the readers. While reading the book, I never felt confusion even though there was many worldlines which consisted the same characters. The talent of the author to exhibit the book in such a simple way is remarkable and worth mentioning.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

I think connecting the multiverse to our dreams makes it more realistic and easier to understand. Because one way or the other we experienced that already when we dream about something repeatedly. Also, we are all aware that a certain action produces this reaction compared to a different action to a same scenario that will produce a slightly different reaction.
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

I agree that he did a great job in explaining the multiverse concept. The repetitions also served to cement the theory well. What I know of multiverses I've learnt from movies so it was really nice to have this book explain it to me, and I got an entertaining story too!
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

The method of clarifying the author used in explaining the concept of worldlines is extremely convincing. I still agree that this concept applies in real life and requires a little bit of backup information to be approved.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Oh. I feel the author did a great job of explaining this whole theory. I had not really heard much about all of this prior to this book, but now I have a much clearer point-of-view and better understanding. He presents his explanation in a very simple, yet interesting way.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

The multiverse theory in the sense explained by the author seems plausible. What happens when we dream is a mystery and no one really knows for sure what happens during that time.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Shillah A wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 02:10 The method of clarifying the author used in explaining the concept of worldlineni is extremely convincing. I still agree that this concept applies in real life and requires a little bit of backup information to be approved.
The author clarified the theory several times. I recall the message he sent to Michelle in one of the worldlines. I think the message was one of the ways the author offered clarity.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”