Explaining the multiverse theory

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Re: Explaining the multiverse theory

Post by Eddy E »

Honestly whenever the discussion of the multi verse theory comes up, I just get confused and don't bother continuing. But I like how the author made this concept a lot easier to understand. I've always wondered what happens when we sleep.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

This is my first time actually learning about the multiverse theory and I understood it just fine. While the author probably had to make some changes to it, I did feel like I could understand it just view with their view on it.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

His explanation was good enough for me. The Professor was a good addition to the twist. I believe most readers at least got a rough idea of the multi verse theory.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

Adam Guest did a great job with the multiverse theory. I found it easy to understand because I happen to be an astronomy junkie. It's such an interesting idea to weave fantasies around.
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Susan Kihleng »

It's a confusing concept, but I think the author explained it well enough. I've had fun attempting to explain it to my teenage children during our drives to town and summarize the concept of the book. It has started some pretty interesting conversations during drive time.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 237
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The author used different approaches to explain the concept. Those that worked for me are the color-coding of the different worldlines, the classroom discussions, the analogy of the ski slopes, and the repetitive elements (such as the same setting, same events, and same characters, to name a few). The repetition is effective in illustrating how the worldlines could be similar and yet different. The additional reading material provided by the author was also helpful.
Soumya Chauhan
Currently Reading: The Haunting Of RookeryNook Manor
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumya-chauhan.html
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer

Post by Soumya Chauhan »

The author colour coded the parallel worlds so that every reader can understand the story without any confusion.He even discussed scientific experiments to put forward the theory of many worlds, otherwise unknown to many of us.
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I found the concept quite easy to grasp, because of the detail the author incorporated when explaining the different events that took place.

Generally the concept of Multiverse theories is difficult but the author did an outstanding job.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Post by Njokime »

The author did a great job in explaining the multiverse concept. The story felt so real and I started imaging having another version of myself.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:38 How convincing was the author in explaining such a difficult concept? I thought that he did a great job and everything was very clear. He also provided enough information for readers who want to get into more details.
Sincerely, that was my first time to encounter the multiverse theory; however, Adam Guest made it easier to understand this concept. I loud him for such a great job.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I think that author gave a pretty convincing explanation of the multiverse theory by telling us about Gary's accident. The lucid dreaming part made the justification of his theory more reasonable and realistic. The professor's questions were something that made me question that how come I never thought like that. So I think his explanation was plausible.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

The multiverse theory seems complicated, but the author portrayed it well and clearly. The readers can at least get an idea of what it is.
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

There are some non fiction books and journals that touch upon the multiverse theory. However, I have not read many fiction books that explains multiverse theory the way the author has elaborated in this book. So, It is evident that the author has done quite a bit of research on the subject and it is reflected in the way he narrate the story.
F N Chamomile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-n-chamomile.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by F N Chamomile »

I think that you still need to focus when reading the multiverse theory in this book as to not get confused, but I must say that the explanation gets more intriguing the more you read it. The author does a good job in drawing our interest on the topic. It makes you want to read, learn, and understand more.
ej_author
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ej-author.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ej_author »

I thought he did a really great job! My only complaint is that the explanation in the dialogue could have been broken up by some descriptions because it was a lot to read at once, but other than that, he made it really easy to understand.
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader." --Robert Frost

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”