Explaining the multiverse theory

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Explaining the multiverse theory

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

The author did great work in the way he explained the multi-universe theory. I had a vivid picture in my mind. He made me imagine the other possibilities of life. I have always believed in life and death alone but he opened my eyes to the infinite possibilities of life
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

Whenever I read or even watch stories related to parallel worlds, I'll have severe headache after watching or reading becaues I really don't understand the while story. But the author of Worldlines, explained it accurately that I truly enjoyed.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Precious Naiti wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:51 The multiverse theory in the sense explained by the author seems plausible. What happens when we dream is a mystery and no one really knows for sure what happens during that time.
Excellent point. Gary's character at this point becomes relatable. As the author connects our experience of having dreams with the lucid dreams Gary is having.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

DyanaFl wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 12:21 Things were made easy by representing the worldlines by different colors and showing their similarities and differences in an easy manner as well.
I agree, using the different worldlines by colors helped me keep track of the changes. I think the author did an excellent job of explaining the multiverse theory. He connected our ability to dream to the story he was telling well.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Elendu Ekechukwu wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 02:51 The author did great work in the way he explained the multi-universe theory. I had a vivid picture in my mind. He made me imagine the other possibilities of life. I have always believed in life and death alone but he opened my eyes to the infinite possibilities of life
I appreciated this aspect of the book as well. This multiverse idea while not new was well done in this book. I found the book inspiring as well. It reminds me, having dreams are powerful. Living one's dreams can be so impactful to the lives of others.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:38 How convincing was the author in explaining such a difficult concept? I thought that he did a great job and everything was very clear. He also provided enough information for readers who want to get into more details.
The book was very easy to follow from the scientific point of view, that's true :) I haven't any difficulties with the author's explanations at all. I love when a book gives me a food for thought.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I had no trouble understanding the multiverses since the author made sure which worldline I was reading about at the beginning of each chapter. I am really interested in the concept concerning dreams. Are we really living another life?
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

The author succeeded in transmitting such a difficult concept as quantum physics to a general audience. The best part is that the theory behind the book is actually based on science and not just the author's imagination.
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

I found it quite convincing as well, the link with the dream is kinda necessary, and it does seem believable. I have a weird feeling of being anxious that we cannot see more of the alternatives, as in there is so much more outside of the book, which in turn is a good thing, since I suppose I understood the concept.
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

Author did an amazing job in explaining the theory as I was unaware of it before reading the book and Now I would not be going out on a limb if I say I can explain it to someone else with ease.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Living in a Two-Faced Jungle by Michael A Powell

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I think the author did really well at explaining this complex theory. He managed to bring quantum physics into the book in a simple and understandable way. The theories were also repeated throughout the story for clarification.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:38 How convincing was the author in explaining such a difficult concept? I thought that he did a great job and everything was very clear. He also provided enough information for readers who want to get into more details.
I expected the conversation to go a bit differently, but I think it went well. I appreciated the examples given as well as that reflection and humor were folded in to the process of explanation.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

The hardest topics to explain in sci-fi novels such as these is time travel and multiverse theories. The author displayed a masterful understanding of the multiverse theory and explained the existence of several worlds in an easy to understand manner.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

The author has done a brilliant job as I didn't get confused at all while reading. The multiverse theory is complicated itself, but author explained it in a great way. The another good thing author has done is he given a label in every beginning of a chapters about which universe it is written about.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

I personally don't believe in the theory of the multiverse. The idea of multiple universes or a parent universe that houses our universe and many others is largely scientific speculation at this point. For me, it just happens to be a worthy and effective sci-fi tropes that I'm willing to pay good money to see (cue MCU), but that's about as far as I'm willing to go with that idea.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”