What if it was you?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Re: What if it was you?

Post by Dartemis »

I think it would take me a moment to realize if I was in a position like that. By then, I would have probably mess something up unintentionally.
Anelka ky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anelka-ky.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Anelka ky »

If the theory was fact and part of life I would go wild. Why limit yourself to just one worldline? Every possibility must occur anyway. So I would explore, experiment, and live in as many worldlines as possible.
Chloe Adams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloe-adams.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Love by Sherine Anniruth

Post by Chloe Adams »

That would be pretty cool in a way I guess. Knowing that they're other versions of me out there along with worlds that probably didn't follow our actions, like maybe they didn't have the WW's would be pretty interesting.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Its quite terrifying to think about. I couldn't image being in Gary's shoes. I would probably tell someone close to me and if they believe me then I could convince myself that I wasn't losing my mind
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

Live. Just live. People would think you were nuts anyway, so why bother telling them?
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Anelka ky wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 08:05 If the theory was fact and part of life I would go wild. Why limit yourself to just one worldline? Every possibility must occur anyway. So I would explore, experiment, and live in as many worldlines as possible.
That's exactly my point. Why limit myself? I would try as much worldline as possible. And I definitely will try being an effective lucid dreamer.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

There is no other character I would love to be than Gary. I love that dude. Although not the blue or green line Gary of cause; I don't wanna kill my girlfriend.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

hullahope wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 01:51 I would not tell anyone about it directly. But, I would leave little hints for people around me and guide them to discover it for themselves. In this way, I think they will have a better understanding of the fact and also it won't cause them to disbelieve me.
That's quite interesting. I might prefer doing this over blatantly sharing this reality with everyone. It's possible for someone to misuse this information too.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

If I'm to be in Gary's shoes, knowing that no one around would believe me it's not going to be funny. If I try to explain, I will be looked at as a mentally deranged person leaving me helpless, but I will start leaving tips for those I know will understand, so that they will discover it themselves, and when they hear it from me it won't be a shock to them.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Precious Naiti wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:42 I would have told someone close to me and seen their reaction. If they had believed me, i would have moved on to tell others. Otherwise of no one believed me, i would never talk about it for fear of being called crazy and put in a psych ward.
Same. I know of at least one person who will believe me. But if he doesn't, no one else will. It's a bit depressing when you're the only one who knows the whole truth about something...and you can't talk about it.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

This a pretty broad question, I wish you'd just ask me to be a specific character. :lol2: I guess, no matter which character I picture replacing, I'd have to stay calm. Focus on the things I can control and do my best, don't forget that I have other people beside me that's facing the same problem, and always have the best interest of everyone in whatever decision I make and and action I take.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

ROSEYANN wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 08:29 If I were Professor Buzzard I think I would have probably would not have told all the students about the many-worlds theory knowing how impactful it could be. Maybe just one or two students.
Wait- Are you saying that he was originally aware of it in the first place or are you saying that that's what you would do as the reader that would replace Professor? Sorry, I'm confused. :doh: :lol2: It's also important to point out which specific part of the timeline would you replace him. Anyway, it's not like Gary would suddenly stop from travelling across worldlines when he's lucid dreaming if he wasn't aware of the theories.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 11:41 Literally everything as this is the assumption of the theory :) So I would conduct myself in every possible way (in this worldline this way, in another one, another way), creating even more different outcomes, and then adjusting to the consequences, and so on, and creating more new outcomes and so on. :ugeek2:
Let's not forget that the multiverse theory says EVERY possible situation must occur. And what we read in the book are also just a few chosen worldlines, but there are countless other possibilities.
Sure but... to do that, you must also have a way to... well, to reset things. How could you possibly try to find the one that will produce your desired outcome without that? There's also the problem with time... you don't have a lot of that. Unless the reset that you find also resets your body.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Michaeljerry309 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 13:13 If it was me I will feel terrible about what has happened but I’d get over it eventually because it truly wasn’t my fault however it will remain a secret and I’ll make an active effort to prevent it from happening again in future.
I'm not sure from whose perspective this is... from blackline!Gary? Wow, you make it sound so simple. :lol2: If you didn't have the underlying problems that he had that lead to his actions, then this could work I guess. I find it weird to not even feel slightly responsible for what happened and to keep it a secret, though.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Precious Naiti wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:42 I would have told someone close to me and seen their reaction. If they had believed me, i would have moved on to tell others. Otherwise of no one believed me, i would never talk about it for fear of being called crazy and put in a psych ward.
Woah. Just like what happened in the story, your best bet is science. You simply need to provide the proof and let them see it. But yeah, it's going to be difficult so for the sake of security, it would also be best to tell someone who trusts and supports you. But if that doesn't work, don't give up!
Kathleen Lavador

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”