What if it was you?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Vishnu Priya B
Currently Reading: The Unwanted Guest
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishnu-priya-b.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Re: What if it was you?

Post by Vishnu Priya B »

Jasy95 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 02:23 Honestly, it's a boring answer, but I'd probably do nothing about it. Trying to do something about it or change the way I was living based on the parallel universes would stress me out way too much. It'd be best to just keep trying to live life to the fullest and pretend I didn't know, because ignorance is bliss (even if it's pretend ignorance!)
No, it's not a boring answer. Actually, that's the best strategy. Trying to change things that you have no control over only causes stress. As you said, if you pretend to be ignorant, you can live your life to the fullest at least in your current woldline.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

ROSEYANN wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 08:29
Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 04:37 What would you do or how would you conduct yourself if the many worlds theory was actually true and you knew for a fact that it was true, and let's say you were in one of the character's position?
If I were Professor Buzzard I think I would have probably would not have told all the students about the many-worlds theory knowing how impactful it could be. Maybe just one or two students.
I think its mandatory he tell every student. If i were Prof. Buzzard, i would do nothing but exactly what he did. I might even go extra miles expansiating the theory more than he did.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

yomide wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 05:06
ROSEYANN wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 08:29
Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 04:37 What would you do or how would you conduct yourself if the many worlds theory was actually true and you knew for a fact that it was true, and let's say you were in one of the character's position?
If I were Professor Buzzard I think I would have probably would not have told all the students about the many-worlds theory knowing how impactful it could be. Maybe just one or two students.
I think its mandatory he tell every student. If i were Prof. Buzzard, i would do nothing but exactly what he did. I might even go extra miles expansiating the theory more than he did.
I see your point. However, the multiverse explanation was actually not the topic of that class. So Professor Buzzard could have chosen otherwise. I would have loved to see a positive spin-off as a result of the whole multiverse idea.
Kuilawrence083
Favorite Book: The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuilawrence083.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Kuilawrence083 »

That would be like a release to me because if that was true, that would mean like nothing really matters. How I perceive my reality would mean a lot to me, since I won't have any desire to change anything but I would create my own perceptions and live with them peacefully, deep down knowing it is never that serious and nothing material is permanent.
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

I would act just the same as I act now. There's no way I could change the other "me's" in other worldlines; the only thing I could control is myself, so I would just focus on trying to become the best I could be and not worry about it.
yomide

Post by yomide »

Fahad Baibras wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 00:46 After reading the novel, I would say I would tread very carefully if I was in control of someone else's actions. But if it was true than there would be laws in place to deal with scenarios like the one presented in the book.
Agreed. I wouldn't want to disrupt someone else's life, even if it is mine just in another worldline. But then again, if all this is actually true; every time I dream horrible stuffs, that means horrible stuffs are happening to another me. Every time I make bad decisions while hallucinating, that means another me get to suffer the consequence. Then I'll say it is a pretty hardcore nightmare stuff.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide

Post by yomide »

Take a look at Gary's lawyer. She is a practiced lucid dreamer. When she now discovers the effects, and consequences of her actions in the dream state are as real as in real life, how crazy would she get? She will have to stop lucid dreaming so as not to cause trouble for herself in another worldline. She will have to.
yomide

Post by yomide »

Mason Garrod wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 07:29 In that situation I would probably just try to put it to the back of my mind and forget about it as much as possible. Life is already complicated enough without having to deal with the complexities of countless others!
Oh yeah life is complicated enough alright. I absolutely agree with you. Why would I want to dwell on something that would complicate my life so? Granted, I would find it daring, intriguing, adventurous and interesting. But that doesn't make it any less complicated.
Anjali Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-patil.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Anjali Patil »

If it was me and if I would be from one of the students, I would love the fact if the professor didn't tell us about the theory about many worlds and how we evolve around them. If that wouldn't have happened then, definitely it wouldn't have changed everything in the students. I would love to live in peace.
KELVIN LANGAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-langat.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by KELVIN LANGAT »

On the off chance that it was me I will feel horrendous about what has occurred yet I'd get over it in the long run since it really wasn't my flaw in any case it's anything but a mystery
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

If it was true I would be elated because it would be a highly educative and transformative experience as I would be able to see how different my life would be if I had made different choices. It would help me to better adjust myself so as not to make stupid decisions.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I don't think I find the fact that I can be unknowingly controlled by another version of myself. But if I was in the controlling position, I wouldn't (hopefully) act in the way that Gary (the one who was lucid dreaming did) and wouldn't interfere in any of my other versions' lives, just because I think that things would already have been too complicated without me creating more complications and outcomes.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s hard to know what I would do if I was in this position. I’d like to think that I would continue to live the way I do. It’s too big a responsibility to be in charge of what happens in every one of the infinite possibilities.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

mm. I would just keep it to myself and see what I can learn about it. I can not recall how to spell the memory issue a charter had but I would be interested in trying to figure out if what I learn could help them. Thought I will go through some means to cover up just how I learned more on it.
yomide

Post by yomide »

KELVIN LANGAT wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 06:07 On the off chance that it was me I will feel horrendous about what has occurred yet I'd get over it in the long run since it really wasn't my flaw in any case it's anything but a mystery
If anything, it is a mystery indeed. Even if one try to trend carefully, there is eery chance one would get over it. It isn't something that happens in a physical state, not something we can access however or whenever we want. One will surely get over it, its just a matter of time.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”