What if it was you?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Re: What if it was you?

Post by Precious DA »

I feel I would have been really desperate at the time, so I might have told a few people about it. Ordinarily, I don't believe it is something people would believe, I'd just seem like a crazy person. If that does not work out, I'll tell a few people who I trust will believe me and give them hints to discover everything by themselves. It would be quite frightening knowing that I might pay for something I never did at some point in my life.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

If I were Gary I don't think I would have been able to tell anyone about experiencing different sides of myself. I would have thought I was totally losing my mind.
Ivan Nechaiev
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-nechaiev.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Ivan Nechaiev »

If I was Prof. Buzzard I would probably try to introduce this phenomenon to the scientific community, and probably I would have tried to make a contact with the scientific community of the other world so we could figure out what to do with it.
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

The sheer revelation that parallel worlds exist will be overwhelming for me. I will not be able to comprehend that for some time. Once i come to terms with that I will be curious to know that people surrounding my life too are aware of this. If they are not aware of this then I will be like Professor Buzzard and try to convince only a few of my trusted colleagues.
nina soledad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-soledad.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by nina soledad »

If the theory is true, i will try to be very careful (especially when I am sleeping and dreaming) and make sure that i will not mess up the other versions of myself. Similarly, while i will try to be mindful about how my lucid dreaming would affect the other Worldlines, i will stay vigilant and make sure that my other versions will not affect my life in this Worldline.
Obioma CM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obioma-cm.html
Latest Review: Higher Ground by Sophia Edwards-Bennett MD PhD

Post by Obioma CM »

If I were professor Buzzard I would not have told anyone be honest. I would be disoriented and may try to confide in someone I trust. In the end, something as big and as impactful as this would still get out to people at some point.
Joy_cee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-cee.html
Latest Review: Firstborn Daddyman by Frank Bailey

Post by Joy_cee »

I wouldn't wish so. However, if I were in the same situation as Gary, I would have also fought hard to prove my innocent, or maybe try on exerting revenge, as he had planned in the book.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Honestly, I'd be scared out of my mind. The idea of another version of possibly taking control over me is uncomfortable, to say the least. I kept thinking about that while reading the book. It's just such an unsettling thought to be under someone else's control, no matter it it;s a stranger, a fake friend, or another version of yourself from another line.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

I think everyone has a side which does not conform with society's dictates. if I were in any of the characters' and the many worlds theory was true, I would definitely be on the lookout for what my rebellious side does. But if I happened to be in precarious situation as one of the many versions of myself, I would definitely tale that as an adventure to exonerate myself just like Gary did. After all, it is the struggle that drives the plot.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

I'm actually not quite sure how I would conduct myself if the many-worlds theory was actually true. I mean it will surely scare and stress me out and I'd be more careful about my actions! So, I'd probably be too confused and worried to do anything about it and just carry on carefully.
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

I would do whatever brings me and my loved ones peace. I feel like this knowledge is very destabilizing and could weigh heavy on me. I would try to put myself as far away from this knowledge and these circles as much as possible.
Book Dragoness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-dragoness.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Book Dragoness »

I would be surprised on discovering such. But I think that would be more intrigued than surprised.

I would definitely not want to be in any of the Gary's position, but if I were I guess that I would spend a great deal of my life studying and understanding other worldlines
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:

Post by Wesley Friday »

Precious Naiti wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:42 I would have told someone close to me and seen their reaction. If they had believed me, i would have moved on to tell others. Otherwise of no one believed me, i would never talk about it for fear of being called crazy and put in a psych ward.
Lol that's a pretty realistic way of actually dealing with it. But that's if you won't feel internally conflicted about the fact that alternate version of yourself is going to be going through hell.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:

Post by Wesley Friday »

hullahope wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 01:51 I would not tell anyone about it directly. But, I would leave little hints for people around me and guide them to discover it for themselves. In this way, I think they will have a better understanding of the fact and also it won't cause them to disbelieve me.
But I'm guessing you're telling people (whether directly or indirectly) because you feel the need to do something about the situation. Don't you think this Hansel and Gretel clues approach will make you run out of time to make any meaningful impact on the other version of yourself in the alternate timeline?
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

If the other worldlines theory was true, I would use the opportunity to explore and compare the different scenarios so I can put myself in the most optimal position for survival. I'm, however, concerned about how the experience would alter one's perception of reality or whether a glitch would cause one to be stuck in an undesirable place.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”