Favorite Character?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Re: Favorite Character?

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

AbhyarnaAman wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 22:58 All the characters in the book were fun reading about. I especially liked Sinead's mother who due to her loss of memory could witness the crime committed by Gary of another world. It made me thinking of various 'what ifs'.
Excellent point!! Sinead's mother being a witness to the crime Gary committed definitely was a point of interest. My interest definitely peaked when she started saying what had taken place. You know memory loss is can be an alarming experience. I liked how the author integrated Sinead's mom's experience with the whole multiverse concept. Brilliant!!
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Gary.He is a strong willed character. In the blue and green line, he stood tall and didnt allow guilt throw his conscience away. I mean not everyone has what it takes to plead not guilty after watching that video clip.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

My favourite character is Gary because his is the only character in the book with the most varied personalities in different worldlines. His trauma and experiences in each worldline bring out completely different sides of the same person, to the point that we begin questioning our own self and how little we know about what we are capable of.
Anjali Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-patil.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Anjali Patil »

All the characters were designed perfectly according to the plot but the most I liked is Michelle from the red line. Her fun-loving nature and the strong aura she presents in the book is just amazing.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sinead was my favorite character. She's loyal and very reliable, in my opinion. I loved her on every line so to say. I believe, she would not stub anyone with a knife even thinking that it was just a dream.
yomide

Post by yomide »

Vidhi Adhikari wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 15:56 My favourite character is Gary because his is the only character in the book with the most varied personalities in different worldlines. His trauma and experiences in each worldline bring out completely different sides of the same person, to the point that we begin questioning our own self and how little we know about what we are capable of.
Thats indept. But i will have to say, i like is personality in the blue line. Not much is said about his personalities in the red line. So i cant say much on that.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by the_ashfeathers »

Blue Line Gary all the way. Blue made me feel oddly protective towards him, seeing as to how he gets labeled as a murderer for a crime he didn't commit. Also, he didn't really get time to come to terms with what was happening, so I sort of feel for him.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
yomide

Post by yomide »

:?:
the_ashfeathers wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 17:30 Blue Line Gary all the way. Blue made me feel oddly protective towards him, seeing as to how he gets labeled as a murderer for a crime he didn't commit. Also, he didn't really get time to come to terms with what was happening, so I sort of feel for him.
Yeah, who wouldn't feel for him. One; he was arrested for murdering his girlfriend in cold blood, two; he had to watch himself commit the murder and still not remember doing it. To top it all up, he was convicted for a crime he would never commit. If you ask me, I'd say he went through quite a ordeal.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

ROSEYANN wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 15:16 The characters were all integral to fledging out the various world lines. I liked Michelle in the Redline. I thought she was ambitious, hardworking, and fun. I also appreciated Gary in the blueline as well. I admired the fact that he tried to clear his name.
I agree with you immensely. Michelle in the blue line was a ray of light. She fit with Gary immensely and I was so pained by her death.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:

Post by Troy Barnes »

Sinead in my opinion was a very underrated character. While of course Michelle was the more out there one of the two, Sinead deserved more attention in the story and I really hated Marcus and I felt he didn't deserve her.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:

Post by Troy Barnes »

Sinead in my opinion was a very underrated character. While of course Michelle was the more out there one of the two, Sinead deserved more attention in the story and I really hated Marcus and I felt he didn't deserve her.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:

Post by Troy Barnes »

Hunter_T wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 13:34 Sinead. She deserves way better than to be with Marcus who enjoys “choking” her. In one worldline anyways. She seems like a very good friend, and a good girlfriend as well.
I agree with that! I felt she was underappreciated and she was a great friend and a shoulder to lean on for Gary even through the whole prison and trial period.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

the_ashfeathers wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 17:30 Blue Line Gary all the way. Blue made me feel oddly protective towards him, seeing as to how he gets labeled as a murderer for a crime he didn't commit. Also, he didn't really get time to come to terms with what was happening, so I sort of feel for him.
Yep. At this point, Gary had all the cards in the deck stacked against him. It is like watching a bright being smothered. I mean in this timeline he couldn't even remember the incident. So sad.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Troy Barnes wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 04:37 Sinead in my opinion was a very underrated character. While of course Michelle was the more out there one of the two, Sinead deserved more attention in the story and I really hated Marcus and I felt he didn't deserve her.
I see your point. At times, the book became too much about the main characters. The constant focus on Gary sometimes made the book a bit morbid. Maybe there could have been one less world line and more character development. Developing Sinead's character would have given a more positive feel to the book. I think working with multiple storylines is a challenging thing. I appreciate Sinead's character, a nice addition to the story.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I liked the blue line pair the best, I think making this Gary the most likeable was intentional though. I also liked the Professor, he seems like the kind of person I would like to meet in real life.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”