Favorite Character?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Re: Favorite Character?

Post by MsH2k »

My favorite character was Sinead. In all worldlines, her character was loyal and loving. There was never a hidden, devious side to her, no matter what was going on with her friends. And she was always good at physics. :geek2: Betsy Cohen also impressed me. She was very generous with her time and talent.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

MsH2k wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 23:45 My favorite character was Sinead. In all worldlines, her character was loyal and loving. There was never a hidden, devious side to her, no matter what was going on with her friends. And she was always good at physics. :geek2: Betsy Cohen also impressed me. She was very generous with her time and talent.
Well sinead is a loyal friend and everything you discribed. And betsy, i totally forgot about her. But i dont really see her actions as generous, rather the most mind blowing of cases. She took the case mostly because she does licid dream, obviously, and wanted to be sure she helped one person get out of trouble given that she isnt sure if she had gotten herself in trouble in another worldline.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

MsH2k wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 23:45 My favorite character was Sinead. In all worldlines, her character was loyal and loving. There was never a hidden, devious side to her, no matter what was going on with her friends. And she was always good at physics. :geek2: Betsy Cohen also impressed me. She was very generous with her time and talent.
Well sinead is a loyal friend and everything you discribed. And betsy, i totally forgot about her. But i dont really see her actions as generous, rather the most mind blowing of cases. She took the case mostly because she does licid dream, obviously, and wanted to be sure she helped one person get out of trouble given that she isnt sure if she had gotten herself in trouble in another worldline.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

My favourite character must be Professor Buzzard. He's really interesting and I'm fascinated by how easily he can come up with such theories, (even though I know it's probably because he has such a vast amount of knowledge) and how he turns one topic into something that seems so related but initially you wouldn't think it was related!
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

My favourite character was Sinead, Gary's best friend in all timelines. The way she understood and supports him made me admire her role.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

My favourite character would be the Professor. He is good with his students and goes straight to the point. Also, he plays a key role in making the worldlines theory more practical.
Shadrack Hoidi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadrack-hoidi.html
Latest Review: Living Strong With Cerebral Palsy by Amanda Forry-Fino

Post by Shadrack Hoidi »

All played great characters, Michelle is my favorite. A female standing out in the investigative world is amazing and incredible.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

All the characters were interesting, but if I were to pick, I would choose Michelle from the blue line. Professor Buzzard would be my second favorite. I really liked the way he explains theories.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I like Sinead, in any worldline. Her characteristics are consistent in her different versions. She loves and supports Gary, whether she is a best friend or a girlfriend. Also, she uses logic and reason in any situation, regardless of worldline.
Soumya Chauhan
Currently Reading: The Haunting Of RookeryNook Manor
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumya-chauhan.html
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer

Post by Soumya Chauhan »

My favourite character would be Sinead in the blue as well as the black line.She is a caring friend in one world and a loyal partner in the other.Though,Michelle rejected Gary for his physical shortcomings in the Black line,Sinead lovingly accepts him the way he is.
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I liked all the Gary's because the different world lines were possible because of them. Sinead is my next favourite. She's a good friend, caring and a sweet person.
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

It is important to note that all characters were important in this book. Although there will always be a favorite character to readers. My favorite character will be Michelle from the reclines. She was a strong and funny woman.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

surely I liked Sinead; she was kind and likable in all the worldlines. In a worldline, where she was a friend of Gary she was a kind friend and always supportive.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Edria Dayyinah
Favorite Book: We Were Liars
Currently Reading: Emma
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edria-dayyinah.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edria Dayyinah »

Buk Nerd wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 12:17 Undoubtedly, Michelle in the Redline. I'm partial to strong, fun female characters. Michelle fits the bill quite nicely.
This I cannot agree more, I admire powerful women in books and Michelle is no exception, the traits that she has are very inspiring
Joy_cee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-cee.html
Latest Review: Firstborn Daddyman by Frank Bailey

Post by Joy_cee »

Fabulous mind wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 12:37 My favourite character was Sinead, Gary's best friend in all timelines. The way she understood and supports him made me admire her role.
Same here. She was always caring for him, even in timelines where he had presumably, committed murder. I love her character.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”