Ending?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Re: Ending?

Post by Katie Blackmore »

I was a bit unhappy with the ending, not because it wasn't good but because the one Gary paid for crimes he didn't commit. I thought the ending as a whole was very well done and tied in the theme of different realities nicely.
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

Njokime wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 16:10 I was not satisfied by the ending. I expected a happy ending in both worldlines, but in one Gary gets to be happy and in the other he pays for the crime.
I think the author's intention purely was to give this kind of a different scenarios at the end. By providing alternate and at the same time contrasting out comes in different worldlines the author is trying to give justification to the whole theme. I believe this is one of the reasons that the plot was successful and giving different emotions to different readers.
Alice Festo
Favorite Book: Deceitful Survival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-festo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alice Festo »

The ending left one in suspense, to conclude on what might have been, in a way I hoped that there was another series but then again it kept my mind thinking like many scientific theories it's hard to have a conclusion because there will always be other findings the author kept true to his theme to the end.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

I love how it ended, it suits the theme of the book. It was one to please everyone in a way but also show the concept of how the multiverse works.
“Just keep swimming.”
Harshi4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshi4.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harshi4 »

Initially, I was not very satisfied with the ending but eventually, I realized it was the best kind of ending for a book with multiverse theory. The author stayed true to the plot of the book until the very end, which is what I liked the most.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

Wesusa wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 17:52 I just finished the book, and I was a bit baffled by how it ended. It was a bit strange because I really expected this to be a singular entry in a "Twilight Zone" kind of way, each of the books having separate stories. Either way, what did you think of the ending? I thought it was alright, but I hope that the series doesn't draw out for too long. All good ideas should be used in moderation. :tiphat:
The ending is somehow unsatisfactory because of Gary's fate in one worldline, but I realized that the ending is still okay because the theme is worldline. So I just accepted it and enjoyed the ending.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I liked the ending. It was clear and concise, and did not leave me confused (like many of the science fiction endings). And in a way, it was necessary to chop-off all the other outcomes because they are infinite, and I am pretty sure the author wanted to just give us a glimpse of the many-worlds theory. He has saved the rest of it for his upcoming books. 😉
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I did not like the ending. While the story provided closure, the last few pages at the end were used as an introduction to the upcoming installment. I did not like that the ending included a gratuitous promotion for the next book. Nevertheless, I liked the book enough to want to read the next book. The story could have ended, without attempting a cliffhanger, which was no cliff, but rather just a tiny hook.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amy Luman »

I believe that the ending was very unexpected. I look forward to seeing how this development is dealt with in future books.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I’m satisfied with how the story ended. The author managed to tangled everything to produce an extremely captivating and triumphant positive denouement. The protagonists have been stationed to a memorable string of events, while the antagonists worked to face their specific repercussions; I’m portraying about Garry's different wordlines. To wrap things up, I’m looking forward to the next sequel and books to be published by this amazing author.
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Sarah C McHum »

I love the ending. I think it was a kind of open ending where readers are expected to interpret the outcome. I would also suggest that since there will be another sequel of this story. Ending the story with many possible outcomes will make readers curious about the next book.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

The ending satisfied me. The possibilities are endless with a different worldlines which fascinates me. Could go in any direction. Adam guest has become one of my favorite authors. I like that the ending ( at least in my opinion) was not in anyway predictable
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Concerning thee ending, I think it was just Gary's ending in his worldline that I liked. I expected much from other ending. I can't say I was disappointed, but I expected a more happy ending.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

The beauty of a story is when different conclusions can be drawn at the end of it by different readers. The author wanted that effect and to me, that's a good way to end the book.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Valerie Garske »

The ending was the worst. I felt as if it ended a few pages back and then here is the setup for the next book. I was very disappointed in the ending. A good ending is important to me.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”