Ending?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Ending?

Post by Wesusa »

I just finished the book, and I was a bit baffled by how it ended. It was a bit strange because I really expected this to be a singular entry in a "Twilight Zone" kind of way, each of the books having separate stories. Either way, what did you think of the ending? I thought it was alright, but I hope that the series doesn't draw out for too long. All good ideas should be used in moderation. :tiphat:
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Neenu B_S
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neenu-b-s.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Neenu B_S »

Despite feeling unsatisfied with Gary's fate in one worldline, I thought the ending was perfect and suited the concept well. Since there are infinite number of worldlines, it won't be possible to connect to all of them.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I loved the ending! The author managed to give closure by presenting the possibility of a different outcome. The reader can choose the one that suits him/ her best!
Wesusa

Post by Wesusa »

Neenu B_S wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 02:22 Despite feeling unsatisfied with Gary's fate in one worldline, I thought the ending was perfect and suited the concept well. Since there are infinite number of worldlines, it won't be possible to connect to all of them.
I think that that's an excellent way of looking at it; I suppose I was dissatisfied with what was given as a whole, seeing as I already had an expectation of what the novels would be like beforehand.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I absolutely loved the ending. It was satisfying and neat. It also made sense since different outcomes can happen in different worldlines.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

I ussually got a headache after finishing multiverse stories, but this book is different. The ending ended smoothly and satisfying.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

The author was able to stay true to the infinite possibilities until the end which I totally agree with. I like that in all of the explored worldlines a different outcome was given. And Gary from the black line was even given a chance to redeem himself. I don't know how the author can make another one as good as this. I am waiting for the next book.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

I love the ending. I think the author shows us different outcomes through all the book, and I'm glad he kept that till the end. After all, in every wordline, there were different outcomes. I'm very excited about the next book, hope it will be as good as this one!
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

I would say the ending was best suited for the idea. Its upto you that which fate of Gary from which universe would you like to remember, I only remember the ending where Gary was released of all charges.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Living in a Two-Faced Jungle by Michael A Powell

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I liked the ending, it suited the premise of the story. It shows that there can be several different outcomes with different worldlines.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

The ending was a bit disappointing to me as blue line Gary suffered for a crime he didn't commit and black line Gary got to move on with his life, even discovering new opportunities for good things. It all felt very unfair.
Wesusa

Post by Wesusa »

jomana_3 wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 14:15 I absolutely loved the ending. It was satisfying and neat. It also made sense since different outcomes can happen in different worldlines.
It was neat, and it puzzles me how the next book is supposed to build off of it. Hope it all works out fine in the end.

Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

I loved the ending, it was both satisfying and displeasing. One Gary got to have a happy ending with his woman and even a surprise on the way. However, the other Gary paid for a crime and one got away with his actions. I believe this truly showed the concept of the multiple universes and timelines. Same person, different outcomes, just like the Proffesor explained.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Its a neccessary ending. Although not satisfactory in the sense that it has multiple of it. But it is understandable for the concept for the story needs such ending.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

The ending might kind of seem unsatisfactory. However, the story ending in differently in the worldlines suited the concept of the novel. Besides, i think the main purpose of the story is to introduce the many worlds theory in an exciting manner (which Adam Guest did a really good job at), it is only perfect for the book to end in a many worlds kind of way.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”