At any point I had a favorite or rather preferred lifeline just to avoid the confusion. Was I alone? What was yours?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Re: At any point I had a favorite or rather preferred lifeline just to avoid the confusion. Was I alone? What was yours?

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I did have trouble at times transitioning between the different timelines. So, I let the colors be symbolic. The black was the darker plot where Gary kills Michelle in the dream. The blue was the main storyline and flowed like water (blue.)
I did not have a favorite world line, but I did have a favorite character. Sinead was so loyal and caring in all the stories. I liked her best.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Throughout the book, the blue line was my anchor. Maybe this was because it was the first one. But I always wanted Gary and Sinead together, so I’m leaning towards the green line. We don’t know much about it, but It seems to be closely connected with the blue line since, unfortunately, Michelle is dead.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

lavkathleen wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 10:50
raj_nandani_poet wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 05:20 You are not alone. My favorite was the Blue line, the one in the beginning. Maybe it was the beginning or the site of the incident or something else, but I felt connected to that line. Also yes, the Red Line was my second favorite!
Okay now I'm curious as to how you feel connected to that worldline because of the site of the incident. I literally can't think of any reason and also that kind of sounds creepy. :lol2: It's my favorite too, by the way, but it's because of how it was instrumental in driving one of the messages of the story with Gary's fate there.
:lol: Yeah that was creepy alright. Although i see the piont of choosing one worldling but i dont feel the need to, at least not anymore. I mean if i concentrate more on one, i dont feel like i am getting all the fun in the multivers Adam has created.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

MsH2k wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 00:00 Throughout the book, the blue line was my anchor. Maybe this was because it was the first one. But I always wanted Gary and Sinead together, so I’m leaning towards the green line. We don’t know much about it, but It seems to be closely connected with the blue line since, unfortunately, Michelle is dead.
I also wanted Gary and mitchelle together. To me, they seem unimtentionally or unknowingly in love with each other. This actually would push towords the green and black line, but i ll prefer the green.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: An Interview with Failure by Sam Yankelevitch

Post by revathy sw »

The Blue Line was the worldline that I favored the most. The events were more interesting, the emotions ran high, and there was a lot of activity and anticipation. Although I severely disliked the first half of the Black Line (because of Gary), and was mostly disinterested about the first half of the Red Line, I liked their second halves, as I liked reading about how everyone was making an effort to save the Gary in the Blue Line.
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
Little_Lotte
Currently Reading: Rimas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-lotte.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Little_Lotte »

I agree, at first, it was confusing, and I liked the blue line better. However, as the plot continued, I was feeling uncomfortable with Gary in the black line.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Me too. The blue line was more interesting because at that point because Gary was seen in a different light as who he truly was. It has less tragic events in it.
Uzzy_Reviews
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

I did not really have a favorite but I did have a "main one", mostly to avoid confusion. But I do get why so many readers are saying that the black line was their least favorite. The tone of the black line always made me feel down and sad.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I too loved the Blue line. Garry was a very likable character then at a happier time. The Black line was just so tragic and painted Garry out to be a terrible person.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

The blue one was my definite favorite. I don’t enjoy the black Glengary. Lots of layers to his character(s) which made it that much more interesting .Different emotions from blue line to black line.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

What's in a color? Well the choice signifies a lot in our world. Hence, the writer twists the story to concur with the understanding of the colours. The blue brings about coolness hence the blue line is my choice. Life without entertainment is boring therefore the blue line justifies " work without play makes Jack a full boy". As for the black color it brings sorrow, a feeling of emptyness thus it's the zone I hated. This is where Garry murders Michelle yet they were best of friends.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I had no trouble keeping up with the lines. However, I did treat the different Garys like separate people. They all had different experiences with shaped them to become different people. You can’t compare black line Gary’s life to blue line Gary.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I like the Gary in the Blue Line. The events there are quite exciting and full of life than other lines. Blue line is just my favourites of the lines. I always look forward to it.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”