At any point I had a favorite or rather preferred lifeline just to avoid the confusion. Was I alone? What was yours?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Icon At any point I had a favorite or rather preferred lifeline just to avoid the confusion. Was I alone? What was yours?

Post by Reitumetse_R »

I absolutely loved the blue line at the beginning of the book and advanced to the red line later on. As for the black line, well, the committed crime was just too much for me and the entire vibe in that line was depressing
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I agree; I liked the Blue Line a lot, and Garry from the Blue line was my favorite character. Also, the events in the Blue Line were much more interesting.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

I agree that the blue line was the best, it was also the one I found more interesting and entertaining. The black line had the crime on it, which made me dislike the Gary on that line, but I found it also interesting because it gives us a different perspective of the story.
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

The Black line Garry in my opinion is to be blamed for the murder, He was the most ideal protagonist but if it wasn't for the black line Garry, the story won't have been this interesting.
raj_nandani_poet
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raj-nandani-poet.html
Latest Review: The Last City of America by Matthew Tysz

Post by raj_nandani_poet »

You are not alone. My favorite was the Blue line, the one in the beginning. Maybe it was the beginning or the site of the incident or something else, but I felt connected to that line. Also yes, the Red Line was my second favorite!
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

The blue line was my favorite line. It was a happier, more wholesome timeline and I hated the horrible twist that it had to take for the story to proceed. Black line Gary while a necessity for the book, was an awful individual and I hated him immensely.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

In truth, it did seem confusing at first. However, when i tried to choose one worldline, i didnt get to enjoy the story to the fullest. So reading it as it was made me enjoy it.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

jomana_3 wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 14:12 I agree; I liked the Blue Line a lot, and Garry from the Blue line was my favorite character. Also, the events in the Blue Line were much more interesting.
I also really loved the blue line alot. Although, i didn't confine myself to it, i explored the other worldlines too. I mean its only normal to, after all we are talking a many worlds scale here.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

The blue line Gary was my favorite from start. It was the original story line and so I was already in love with Gary and Mitchell from the very start.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

The blue line was also my favourite. I also didn't really enjoy the black line Gary because I found it extremely tragic, but I didn't find it confusing or anything, just sad
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Reitumetse_R wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 11:11 I absolutely loved the blue line at the beginning of the book and advanced to the red line later on. As for the black line, well, the committed crime was just too much for me and the entire vibe in that line was depressing
Mine was the Blue line. But I also like the broken down character of Gary from the black line. So I would eagerly wait for the chapter with this line.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

I don't know how having a favorite worldline could help with the confusion :lol2: but mine was Blue Line because of how much Gary's fate in that worldline impacted me. As for the other worldlines, I just love how they showed the different sides of not just Gary but also the side characters. I'm always prepared to see badly written side characters but I love how the author built this cast and their world.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

jomana_3 wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 14:12 I agree; I liked the Blue Line a lot, and Garry from the Blue line was my favorite character. Also, the events in the Blue Line were much more interesting.
I love Blue Line, too but mainly because of how things went towards the ending. I'm not sure yet if I'd say it was more interesting than the others, though, especially since the other worldlines offered a different side for the characters. I say "different" but they may actually be more intense and thrilling.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Reader Chavez wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 20:16 I agree that the blue line was the best, it was also the one I found more interesting and entertaining. The black line had the crime on it, which made me dislike the Gary on that line, but I found it also interesting because it gives us a different perspective of the story.
Right?! The Blue Line is my favorite, too but if we're going to talk about the levels of interest the different worldlines get, the others wouldn't be far off. I guess it's because we have a "main" worldline in our head, and the rest gives that excitement and curiousity of what things look like in another world.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Fahad Baibras wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 01:59 The Black line Garry in my opinion is to be blamed for the murder, He was the most ideal protagonist but if it wasn't for the black line Garry, the story won't have been this interesting.
I think you meant antagonist? Instead of protagonist? I wouldn't say that he's the antagonist, though. For someone to be an antagonist, he has to be fighting against the protagonist. In your case, I guess blueline!Gary would be the protagonist? Well, blackline!Gary wasn't trying to fight him. This is a good example of man versus nature kind of story, since they're all trying to deal with the universe and its physics and their fate.
Kathleen Lavador

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”