What if we had a way to transport our self to other worldlines!

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Icon Re: What if we had a way to transport our self to other worldlines!

Post by joynob24365 »

I think it would be cool to switch worldlines to experience things we can't experience in our current life. But it would be weird if it was all like a fairytale and perfect. So I don't really know.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

The concept of travelling to other wordlines sounds very fantastic, but I think it would bring more harm than good if possible. This story is a clear example of one of the repercussions of having several wordlines and actually travelling through them.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

Life is so full of choices. Sometimes I think back and can see the exact cross-road. I often wonder if I would have chosen that particular road, where I would be? Would I have met my husband? Would I still have had the twins? But would he have been a doctor instead of an EMT? Would we have been able to travel and see Australia? Did I miss the opportunity to be mega-wealthy? Would I have been happy or is what is best? That is why I liked this book so much. If I would have gone to college before I got married, where would I have been?
Sure lets do it again, as long as I don't lose the good stuff. Just let the bad stuff be do-overs.
ALRE SYD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alre-syd.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ALRE SYD »

I love the idea because it would mean that I can get and change whatever I want, according to my desires. There is a big a possible that such will be possible in future. For example, I heard that in the US they are looking at enhancing their soldiers genetically so that they can hear voices as far as metre and so on. Human curiosity is making the impossible possible.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

The idea of multiple worldlines as portrayed by the author in this book is intriguing, and I must say, it's also daring. While I find it so, and absolutely enjoy reading such, I'm averse to trying new things at the beginning, and so, I'd not be one to try out other worldlines.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

On the one hand, it sounds pretty cool if we can cross a different worldline and exist under a replica. Maybe after a thousand years, this will be something normal, but for now, I can't imagine myself in such an imaginary world. But it still sounds pretty cool.
ELSETH MAEVE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elseth-maeve.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by ELSETH MAEVE »

The idea seems inviting. I think that if I were to chbnge from one world to another, I would wholly grab the opportunity. But I would carefully read or ask for the terms and conditions, if there are any. This would enable me understand what I'm getting into.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

There is just one tiny problem, what about those that can’t dream? There really are people out there that once they gone to sleep it until the next day, no lucid dreaming for them. So what would be their option as they watch others exchange world lines.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Also, no matter what jumping from worldline to another is asking for trouble. If one is bored with his/her life fix it. What if someone, because I refuse to accept them as other versions, what if someone hijackes another person’s life. Crimes just as the book has show could be committed without consequences.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Even if it were feasible, I'm not sure if I would want to change my worldline. We have the power to improve what we already have or not. Who is to say that it would be any better if we were able to change it? Our  experiences made us who we are, so if you eventually swap change, how much would it matter since you would remain the same with your experiences but be in a different situation?

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”