What if we had a way to transport our self to other worldlines!

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What if we had a way to transport our self to other worldlines!

Post by asteel18 »

The idea would be tempting, but I think I'd chicken out and stick with what I know. But, now that I've said that, I really don't know what's going to happen in the future in my worldline. Or, maybe every time I go to sleep I unintentionally create a new future...in a different worldline...
-Amy
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I have always thought that everything is possible. I would not be surprised at all if we can exchange worldlines. Imagine having the choice to switch to another worldline where I could not worry about anything and everything handed to me without having any difficulty. Of course there is always a but, but just the thought is exciting enough to consider wishing it could be true.
Sara chhawniwala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-chhawniwala.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Sara chhawniwala »

Lucid dreaming and exchanging our word with the replicas are surely tempting. I dont know if i would want that but I would like to try it atleast ones. Of course there are risks involved but it wont be so bad. right?
Also I do think it may become possible in future (not in the near future ofcoruse) with the advancment of our technology.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

I would rather be contented and face the mishaps I'm familiar with, than risk lucid dreaming. If it's a trade by barter system, then your replica considers your life better than hers, cos if it were so rosy she wouldn't want to switch. Each thinks they're getting a good deal, so I would dread to imagine what i'd be up against in the other worldline. Also, they'd always be a fall. Each worldline wholly functions to sustain intrinsic elements of that worldline(which I'm not). I may not be fully adapted to suit theirs, and who's to say that the timeline would even be the same? So many uncertainties. No thanks, I'm good.
angelap5467
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelap5467.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by angelap5467 »

I would shift as much as I can just for the sake of curiosity and nothing more. In the end, I would stay in this worldline where I started because I would feel like a person without a past and core in others.
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

The idea sounds cool but our experience would be of no use if we can get to another worldline. we would surely need different kind of experience for that worldline, and the same struggle, the same cycle of worries and unwanted circumstances will go on.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

It would be really nice to be able to switch to a different world line but I’m sure it would come with a price to pay. You can’t eat your cake and have it…
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Alice Festo
Favorite Book: Deceitful Survival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-festo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alice Festo »

Like most people I would love success and happiness, I believe it's the ultimate fulfillment of life. However, shifting to various worldlines will ultimately cause more harm than good due to interfering with the norm
Josie Wert
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josie-wert.html
Latest Review: The Last Lumenian by S.G. Blaise

Post by Josie Wert »

Amanda Dobson wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 15:55 I don’t know if I would want to change if it was even possible. We are the ones that can make what we have better or not. Now who is to say that if we were able to change that it would be any better? We are who we are through our experiences so if you were able to change how much would it actually change because you are still the same just in a new circumstance.
I like your idea, because while the idea of switching to a “better” version of yourself sounds nice, isn’t this just a classic version of “the grass is greener on the other side of the fence”? As far as we know, we’re living our best life right now, in this Worldline.
BellaGBear
Currently Reading: Ethnography after Humanism
Bookshelf Size: 1567
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellagbear.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by BellaGBear »

I think vacation ing in other wordlines will seriously mess with your mind. Cause we sort of consciously tend to get used to the people in our life we are close to and how they react. Our people from different worldlines will be different and respond different in subtle ways. So we are on edge in social interactions at all time.

At least that is what I think... What do you think?
Josie Wert
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josie-wert.html
Latest Review: The Last Lumenian by S.G. Blaise

Post by Josie Wert »

BellaGBear wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 03:04 I think vacation ing in other wordlines will seriously mess with your mind. Cause we sort of consciously tend to get used to the people in our life we are close to and how they react. Our people from different worldlines will be different and respond different in subtle ways. So we are on edge in social interactions at all time.

At least that is what I think... What do you think?
I definitely agree, I think it would mess up our opinions of people, therefore messing up our relationships with them. Think of how Gary felt when he realized himself in another worldline killed Michelle. He was confused and upset that any version of him could do such a thing. I think we’d end up afraid of all social interactions, becoming reclusive and confused about everything.
abadamiy
Currently Reading: Forgotten Heroes of wW-II, the French Resistance
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by abadamiy »

This is a captivating and intriguing topic. I would love to explore this idea if things start going really bad or into a very weird place, I always have the option to return to this current life.
BellaGBear
Currently Reading: Ethnography after Humanism
Bookshelf Size: 1567
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellagbear.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by BellaGBear »

abadamiy wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 11:21 This is a captivating and intriguing topic. I would love to explore this idea if things start going really bad or into a very weird place, I always have the option to return to this current life.
But what about the people you leave behind? I think with traveling to other worlds there is the real danger of not considering the other words 'real'. But they are of course. The versions of people in other worlds are just as real as the ones from your own home-world
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html

Post by SamaylaM »

You bring out a really cool and interesting idea for that system! I think just to sate my curiosity, I can try visiting another worldline. But, it could also be very dangerous and negative. So, honestly, it will probably depend on whether my decision would have more merits or demerits.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html

Post by Review Writer »

I've been coming across this subject often times, and now, here I'm still reading about it again. I, as someone who dreams a lot, and often times, in the dream, I do aware that I'm actually dreaming. And I used to think of the repercussion of my action or lack of in my waking life. So, for this I used to tried to do something which may happen to be hard for me to do in there. So part of me believe strongly that we can actually change the course of things happening in our waking life while in the dream realm. And I'm still thinking of the possibility of consciously transporting oneself in to another worldlines and still determine number of times to stay there.
Signature of Grace.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”