Which part of the book impacted u the most?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Icon Which part of the book impacted u the most?

Post by k_madhu_jha »

For me it was the time when a particular place was reminding him of his holidays on seaside.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

I wouldn't say this particular scene impacted me per se, but I would say it stuck with me as I found myself thinking about it over and over again. it was the scene before black line Gary killed Michelle as he sat in the darkness of his room, wallowing in the misery of his existence and wishing things could be different not knowing that he was about to experience a life changing experience. This really impacted me.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

That would be the moment Gary was seeing himself stab the love if his life. It had such impact on me I zoned off to imagine his pain, hurting heart and the trauma that might cause him.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The most impactful part for me was Sinead’s struggle with her relationship with Gary. I, of course, have not dealt with this exact scenario, but her indecision reminded me of my own.
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

I have to say when black line Gary killed Michelle because I honestly didn’t see it coming. Plus it was the moment that really set things into motion going forward.
Anelka ky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anelka-ky.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Anelka ky »

For me, the most impactful part of the book was not a particular scene but the book's interpretation and application of the multiverse theory. The possible existence of multiple realities that reflect every possibility is trippy. The idea of possible versions of myself, those around me, and everything around me is like an endless spiral of possibilities. It's an exciting concept to contemplate.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

k_madhu_jha wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 04:28 For me it was the time when a particular place was reminding him of his holidays on seaside.
Gary's accident most impacted me. The multiverse concept was explained using various points of view of the accident. The accident was used to fledge out the various storylines. Gary's life was never quite the same after the accident.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

For me it was after the murder of Michelle. I'm sure his mind was buzzing with the different choices he wished he must have made instead of allowing his emotions get a better part of him kept hurting and taunting him. That really touched me.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Anelka ky wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 08:11 For me, the most impactful part of the book was not a particular scene but the book's interpretation and application of the multiverse theory. The possible existence of multiple realities that reflect every possibility is trippy. The idea of possible versions of myself, those around me, and everything around me is like an endless spiral of possibilities. It's an exciting concept to contemplate.
Indeed, the concept was just as impactful. I mean,there are an infinite version of me in an infinite number of universes. What if Adam's suggestion is true, what then? That means no one is exactly safe in every sense of the word.

I would say that part of the book really impacted me, greatly.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Amy Luman wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 15:36 The most impactful part for me was Sinead’s struggle with her relationship with Gary. I, of course, have not dealt with this exact scenario, but her indecision reminded me of my own.
I can identify with Sinead's character. Indecisiveness is a common trait many people share. I mean at some point in our lives we may become stuck as a result of our indecision.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

k_madhu_jha wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 04:28 For me it was the time when a particular place was reminding him of his holidays on seaside.
I'm not sure about impact but the most eye catching scene for me was when Gary from the black line leaves a message for the Gary from the Red Line to save the Gary from the blue line. The whole idea of Gary at risk of losing consciousness with raised heart rate was an interesting setup.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

That Mary's dementia was written as possible sightlines into other word lines was very impactful. She was clearly frightened because she knew what she saw.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

This might be my favorite topic for this one.

This book is my favorite one out of all the books I've read here so far, and that's because of that part that impacted me the most. It was the part where the judgment for Gary "killing her girlfriend" was decided. I was there thinking that everything would work out, after all the things they did and the breakthroughs they've done. But it doesn't. He still gets convicted.

I had to sit there for a while, just staring into space. It was a big punch in the gut to be reminded that the universe doesn't play fair. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick (since in another worldline, the other version of him was found not guilty).
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Troy Barnes wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 12:25 I wouldn't say this particular scene impacted me per se, but I would say it stuck with me as I found myself thinking about it over and over again. it was the scene before black line Gary killed Michelle as he sat in the darkness of his room, wallowing in the misery of his existence and wishing things could be different not knowing that he was about to experience a life changing experience. This really impacted me.
Aah, this one was really dark. I remember thinking how messed up it was to hate someone so much that you'd want to murder them, even though it was just in your dream. It drastically changed the way I saw Gary, or at least that version of him on a different worldline. I'm not even sure if I'm satisfied with the things he did to try and correct it.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

yomide wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 21:06 That would be the moment Gary was seeing himself stab the love if his life. It had such impact on me I zoned off to imagine his pain, hurting heart and the trauma that might cause him.
Hmm... I think this was only the tip of the iceberg. But if I wasn't a reader and was in his shoes... I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I'd probably lose my mind seeing myself murder the love of my life but not remember anything. Kudos to him for staying strong.
Kathleen Lavador

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”