What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Post by Eutoc »

Gary has been wrongly convicted for killing his girlfriend, that's depending on the Gary you're referring to. How do you think Gary would remain at peace with himself knowing fully well be doesn't deserve to be in jail. On the other hand, how would the guilty Gary comfortably continue his free life after committing such atrocious act. What would you want the author to give to his readers in the sequel to the book? And yes, there's a sequel.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I want Gary not to be convicted of his girlfriend's murder. I want the writer to stick with the plot and give us an amazing book to read and review about
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I would like to see another story, not related to Gary, but related to the multiverse theory. I will definitely read the sequel, so thank you for this information!
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

I would wish that the criminal Gary get's to serve his sentence and reform. I would also want to see the good Gary achieve his most needed dreams and justice finally served. I know it will be a long rollercoaster of events for Gary to attain peace of mind and finally learn his lessons from the experience.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really don’t know what to expect. Probably that the Gary in jail would try to convince others of his innocence, the free Gary would move on, and the Gary that actually committed the murder to just go on as before
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

Amy Luman wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 19:16 I really don’t know what to expect. Probably that the Gary in jail would try to convince others of his innocence, the free Gary would move on, and the Gary that actually murdered to just go on as before
I don't think so, because the sequel of the book title is 'The Futility of Vengeance' so it'll be a clear message that Gary will take revenge. I'm also interested in knowing how he will do that!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acalauejo-o.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

I would hope to see time travels, maybe that would help Gary go back in time and prevent himself from committing the brutal murder.
yomide
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 05:55 I would like to see another story, not related to Gary, but related to the multiverse theory. I will definitely read the sequel, so thank you for this information!
I totally agree with you. I dont want any more Gary(s), I expect something else. Something more intruging and mind blowing
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
yomide

Post by yomide »

Emidio Mikwate wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 06:21 I would hope to see time travels, maybe that would help Gary go back in time and prevent himself from committing the brutal murder.
I dont know, dont you think that's a little bit far fetched? Just dont get your hopes up because trust me, time travel is not happening.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

i guess there's a chance of another story in it ,well multiverse in itself means multi dimension so i hope there should be a good chance of another story.
yomide

Post by yomide »

No matter how i look at it, i dont see how the sequel would continue from Gary's POV. It should take a new turn, start a new chapter. In short, it should be another story entirely, or slightly connected to the first.
Hunter Tester
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Silent Patient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hunter-tester.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Hunter Tester »

Eutoc wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 23:47 Gary has been wrongly convicted for killing his girlfriend, that's depending on the Gary you're referring to. How do you think Gary would remain at peace with himself knowing fully well be doesn't deserve to be in jail. On the other hand, how would the guilty Gary comfortably continue his free life after committing such atrocious act. What would you want the author to give to his readers in the sequel to the book? And yes, there's a sequel.
To me, it’s confusing as to how there is a sequel. Because in the first book every outcome is explored. One of the Garys is innocent, but apparently the one in the sequel is guilty. So how do we know which one is the true plot to follow?
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Nancy Morara wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 09:22 I would wish that the criminal Gary get's to serve his sentence and reform. I would also want to see the good Gary achieve his most needed dreams and justice finally served. I know it will be a long rollercoaster of events for Gary to attain peace of mind and finally learn his lessons from the experience.
I agree. I think there is room for the development of the other characters as well. Maybe they could help Gary, the lucid dreamer learn from the whole experience.
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Eutoc wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 23:47 Gary has been wrongly convicted for killing his girlfriend, that's depending on the Gary you're referring to. How do you think Gary would remain at peace with himself knowing fully well be doesn't deserve to be in jail. On the other hand, how would the guilty Gary comfortably continue his free life after committing such atrocious act. What would you want the author to give to his readers in the sequel to the book? And yes, there's a sequel.
I would expect to see a refining of the original story. I mean what will be done about the mess Gary, the lucid dreamer caused. How will the other characters be developed. For example Sinead, how will she react or move on from her experiences?
ROSEY-ANN
Currently Reading:

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Amy Luman wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 19:16 I really don’t know what to expect. Probably that the Gary in jail would try to convince others of his innocence, the free Gary would move on, and the Gary that actually committed the murder to just go on as before
It would be interesting to read about Gary's experiences while incarcerated. How does he move on. What will his daily experiences be like? Would he try to figure out how to deal with the situation that he has been thrust into? How does he deal with the fact that some part of him wanted to commit such a gruesome act?

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”