What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Re: What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

zayyyna wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 23:28 i guess there's a chance of another story in it ,well multiverse in itself means multi dimension so i hope there should be a good chance of another story.
I think there is a good chance of another story, something new and refreshing. Maybe surrounding other issues. Maybe something with a comedic element.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

There have to be another story, there have to. If there isn't, then I am expecting a big bang follow up story. If it would still be on Gary, I expect the most mind blowing of stories.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

I’m not sure what to expect after what happened. The whole thing felt like Gary hating himself, (even though it’s a different Gary from a different line) so if he took revenge (would that be like committing suicide?) the cycle won’t end. I would love to see how the theory of interfering with a different timeline would affect all and changes the outcome. If so, does that mean there’s no hope for Gary after what happened? I would defiantly read the sequel.
“Just keep swimming.”
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

k_madhu_jha wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 03:52 I want Gary not to be convicted of his girlfriend's murder. I want the writer to stick with the plot and give us an amazing book to read and review about
Im expecting the sequel to have a chain of revenges between Garys from multiple worldlines that starts with Gary from the blue line targeting Gary from the black line. Im hoping that the book is chaotic and destructive proving how futile it is to get vengeance in a multiverse.
car-mbz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car-mbz.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by car-mbz »

I think maybe the sequel will be about making the 'innocent' Gary revenge against the 'guilty' Gary, and make him go through pain in some type of way, other than him just moving on with his life scot-free.
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." Margaret Fuller
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I absolutely love the multiverse story line. I do not want Gary to get in trouble for her murder. But, the next book can be loaded with the consequences he pays for committing this act , although without any memory of it. Excited to see the sequel🤪
mbhuibregtse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I would expect the supplemental characters to experience the parallel universe and for the plot to really complicate. Maybe they are moving within universes with such a lack of control that it becomes very dangerous.
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: An Interview with Failure by Sam Yankelevitch

Post by revathy sw »

I hope that, no matter how impossible it may be, some character in the sequel may be able to come up with believable evidence to prove Gary's innocence.

It would also be kind of interesting to see how Gary in the Blue Line comes to terms with the injustice that has been dealt to him, and to see how it will shape him. Will he continue to tirelessly search for answers, or will he become warped and angry, searching for revenge for Michelle?

Another thing I'm looking forward to reading about is what the author decides to do with Mary.
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

Honestly, I wouldn't expect it to have a sequel. I feel like the point of the book was really well-made within the first book and I find a sequel unnecessary. However, it would be interesting to follow some of the Gary's storylines to see if they try to change something and how they cope with everything, even though we know that literally everything that can happen is gonna happen. Maybe it would be cool if the sequel was about a different story, introducing new characters and another side or part of the multiverse theory.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Wow!
There's a sequel?
:lol:
The thing is even the guilty Gary is not guilty because he wasn't doing it in real life, only in his dream. You can call him immoral for dreaming of killing a girl simply because she turned him down, but that doesn't make him guilty.
Maybe if there was a way to free the innocent Garys and the guilty Garys can be accused of maybe manslaughter or something even less.
Even this is Injustice.

But, once you kill a person, there can never be justice for them in this life.
No matter how much you punish any Gary, Michelle won't be coming back and that's something we have to realise.

Except again, if we can somehow make Michelle of this worldline dream of nearly being killed and so, Michelle at the party never turns her back on Gary and is able to avoid the stab.
So, Michelle wasn't killed at all and the readers were only tricked or whatever.

Or another scenario.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

Aah, I haven't really thought about it since the second book is already out. I prefer to focus on the story and not have expectations or wishes. But I never thought that it would involve the same cast of characters, though it would be cool if some made cameos. At the very least, I expect it to still explore the multiverse but in a different way, away from what the first book offered.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

k_madhu_jha wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 03:52 I want Gary not to be convicted of his girlfriend's murder. I want the writer to stick with the plot and give us an amazing book to read and review about
I wanted that too but... with how I feel with the ending we had, I think that would've been too cliché. The ending we had was unfair and heartbreaking, but that's what made it impactful. And I guess it goes without saying that the author would try his best to give us an amazing sequel. :lol2:
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 05:55 I would like to see another story, not related to Gary, but related to the multiverse theory. I will definitely read the sequel, so thank you for this information!
I'm expecting the same thing! Although if it were to still involve Gary and his storyline, I wouldn't be mad as long as it's as good as the first book if not better. I've only seen the book cover but I'm already intrigued. It seems to me that it would serve more angst which I'm oddly hoping for. :lol2:
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Nancy Morara wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 09:22 I would wish that the criminal Gary get's to serve his sentence and reform. I would also want to see the good Gary achieve his most needed dreams and justice finally served. I know it will be a long rollercoaster of events for Gary to attain peace of mind and finally learn his lessons from the experience.
I remember thinking about this while reading, 'cause I was wondering how they'll arrest blackline!Gary who actually committed the murder since... well, he's worldlines away. But anyway, I can't imagine how this will be entertaining. I think the author would have to focus on the science and political sides of things, but that would make the story tedious to read I imagine.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Amy Luman wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 19:16 I really don’t know what to expect. Probably that the Gary in jail would try to convince others of his innocence, the free Gary would move on, and the Gary that actually committed the murder to just go on as before
I never thought the author would still continue from where the first book ended. :lol2: The story of Gary and his versions across the multiverse already had its proper closure, I think the first book succeeded on that. For the sequel, I think it would be refreshing to meet a new set of characters with a new exciting storyline that still explores the multiverse.
Kathleen Lavador

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”