What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Re: What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Post by yomide »

I will practically give any thing to read the next book. Although I have my expectations and predictions, I really want to satisfy my curiosity. Since the next is already out, its probably going to be the next book I read. And I am getting ready for serious many-worlds stuff
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

k_madhu_jha wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 03:52 I want Gary not to be convicted of his girlfriend's murder. I want the writer to stick with the plot and give us an amazing book to read and review about
The many world theory does not appeal to everyone. Would it be possible though to merge all the worldlines into one single story after the first book?
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

zayyyna wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 23:28 i guess there's a chance of another story in it ,well multiverse in itself means multi dimension so i hope there should be a good chance of another story.
It would be boring if it'll just be a different person that has a storyline the same as Gary's, though. It would be better if it's a different cast, telling the story of interesting circumstances that would rise from the multiverse being real. The sequel is already out, though, but I haven't read it yet. :lol2:
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Anilllll wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 02:09 I don't think so, because the sequel of the book title is 'The Futility of Vengeance' so it'll be a clear message that Gary will take revenge. I'm also interested in knowing how he will do that!
Aah, that's interesting. I didn't perceive Gary as the vengeful type. The first book didn't indicate any sign that he would, either. I was hoping that the author would introduce a new cast but I guess that's too much to ask for.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Emidio Mikwate wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 06:21 I would hope to see time travels, maybe that would help Gary go back in time and prevent himself from committing the brutal murder.
The story didn't explore time traveling, though. But I guess you can literally do whatever you want because everything is possible. :lol2: It'd be boring though if the story was just him undoing what he did; there has to be some conflict there.
Kathleen Lavador

yomide

Post by yomide »

ROSEYANN wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 01:25
k_madhu_jha wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 03:52 I want Gary not to be convicted of his girlfriend's murder. I want the writer to stick with the plot and give us an amazing book to read and review about
The many world theory does not appeal to everyone. Would it be possible though to merge all the worldlines into one single story after the first book?
I dont see a way to that. Even if there is, then the whole point of the first book would be vain. So its second book is definately going to be lije the first, only better i presume.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

yomide wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 17:01 I totally agree with you. I dont want any more Gary(s), I expect something else. Something more intruging and mind blowing
I just realized that it would be unusual for a series to have different casts of characters for each book, so we'll probably still have Gary and the others for the sequel. The title of the sequel is "The Futility of Vengeance"; I'm curious about who or what is going to cause the conflict.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

yomide wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 17:07 I dont know, dont you think that's a little bit far fetched? Just dont get your hopes up because trust me, time travel is not happening.
That's kind of harsh. :lol2: I mean, who knows, right? Though, yeah, time travel would really be one of the unexpected things to happen to that world since it wasn't even mentioned in the first book.
Kathleen Lavador

yomide

Post by yomide »

lavkathleen wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 22:54
zayyyna wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 23:28 i guess there's a chance of another story in it ,well multiverse in itself means multi dimension so i hope there should be a good chance of another story.
It would be boring if it'll just be a different person that has a storyline the same as Gary's, though. It would be better if it's a different cast, telling the story of interesting circumstances that would rise from the multiverse being real. The sequel is already out, though, but I haven't read it yet. :lol2:
Indeed if the author uses a similar storyline would not only be boring but also disappointing. I for one wouldnt want to read stuffs like that. And i really hooe for something spectacular.
yomide

Post by yomide »

Well the second book is titled futility in vengance. if the initial story should continue, I would expect Gary from green and blue line pursueing Gary of black line. I mean there isnt anyother way to forward that storyline, is there?
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

car-mbz wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 15:27 I think maybe the sequel will be about making the 'innocent' Gary revenge against the 'guilty' Gary, and make him go through pain in some type of way, other than him just moving on with his life scot-free.
It bothered me a little that he didn't have to go through the things that blueline!Gary had to go through. But I remember what he had to endure all his life after the accident... and that makes me hold back. But yeah, still. The next book is entitled "The Futility of Vengeance" so who knows, you might be close.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Hunter_T wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 09:27 To me, it’s confusing as to how there is a sequel. Because in the first book every outcome is explored. One of the Garys is innocent, but apparently the one in the sequel is guilty. So how do we know which one is the true plot to follow?
I'm sure it'll be cleared up once you start reading. It just depends on whose perspective we're looking at, which context. We know blueline!Gary is innocent, but the court decided that he's guilty and convicted him. We know blackline!Gary is the person who actually killed Michelle, although he never meant to do it in real life.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

ROSEYANN wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 05:32 I agree. I think there is room for the development of the other characters as well. Maybe they could help Gary, the lucid dreamer learn from the whole experience.
Do you mean the one from The Blue Line? They're all lucid dreamers since they've all crossed between worldlines so I'm confused. :lol2: But blackline!Gary is the one who needs a lesson so that must be it. I guess the only lesson he needs is to not do anything stupid while he's in a dream, since he wasn't aware the first one. And also heal from all his trauma so he doesn't hurt anyone whether it's through the dreams or not.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Reema Aydieh wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 07:55 I’m not sure what to expect after what happened. The whole thing felt like Gary hating himself, (even though it’s a different Gary from a different line) so if he took revenge (would that be like committing suicide?) the cycle won’t end. I would love to see how the theory of interfering with a different timeline would affect all and changes the outcome. If so, does that mean there’s no hope for Gary after what happened? I would defiantly read the sequel.
:lol2: In my head, they're still their own persons, therefore, different people. But you do have a point; I'd feel weird to confront myself in a different world. However, why would the cycle not end? It's only the two of them who had beef with each other. Would his other versions have reason/s to turn against him?
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Vidhi Adhikari wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 11:41 Im expecting the sequel to have a chain of revenges between Garys from multiple worldlines that starts with Gary from the blue line targeting Gary from the black line. Im hoping that the book is chaotic and destructive proving how futile it is to get vengeance in a multiverse.
Wow, I just replied to someone who thought the same way. You're just more aggressive. :lol2: I still don't get how there's going to be a cycle or chain to his versions going after each other. This is if we only focus on blueline!Gary, since he's the main. How would his problem with his version in The Black Line trigger the revenge amongst the others?
Kathleen Lavador

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”