The Gary-Michelle pairing

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Elena Nechita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elena-nechita.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Re: The Gary-Michelle pairing

Post by Elena Nechita »

I felt the same way. I do agree that looks are sometimes the first thing we are attracted to, but often it's not the case, and I think those relationships work better. I could tell they were in love but I didn't really see chemistry between them. Sinead was better for him in my opinion.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Gary was head-over-heels for Michele because of her looks, but I think there was some love connection as well. I think the author could have brought out and polished Gary and Michele's conversations in a much better way.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

There was no connection between them. All Gary was attracted to was her beauty and nothing else. If there was a better bond between them, he wouldn't even think of killing her.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

The chemistry between two people usually begins with physical attractions. This is what happened with Gary and Michelle and it does not mean that they were less in love.
Ndive Mzamo
Currently Reading: The Price of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndive-mzamo.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ndive Mzamo »

Gary was attracted to Michelle because of her looks. I don't think he really loved her. He commented more on looks rather than uttering romantic words.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I could feel the chemistry between them. They talked about getting a flat for them, and they talked about their future life. I think that means a lot in a relationship. Also, we can see that Gary is very attracted to Michelle through his words.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I agree! Gary was physically attracted to Michele. Love? I’m not confident to say there was any chemistry between the two of them. But that’s just my own personal opinion.
Mari Inez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-inez.html
Latest Review: Break by Wes Grant

Post by Mari Inez »

I didn't care much for the pairing. Throughout the different worldlines Gary's connection with Sinead was much stronger, whether they were best friends or partners. His relationship with Michelle felt very superficial. They did not seem to have a lot in common with each other. Gary seemed more interested in her physical attributions, as he constantly spoke of her appearance when expressing his love for her. On the other hand, when he speaks of his friendship/partnership with Sinead it is much deeper and encompasses more than just her physical appearance. Michelle and Gary seem like a pairing that is together because of convenience, they do not seem to share similar interests or have much chemistry.
Latest Review: Break by Wes Grant
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I totally agree with you because Gary is attracted to Michelle based on her appearance first, which means he was in love with Michelle, so I think their relationship was genuine and also they are is chemistry with each other.
Erica Brickhouse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-brickhouse.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Erica Brickhouse »

I'm 50/50 on this one. As with most of the other posts, I think looks had a lot to do with the relationship in the start, but they did seem to develop a healthy relationship as the years went by. I think what got me more, and this may be kind of off topic, was how uninterested Gary seemed to be regardless of blue line, red line or black line. For example - in black (and red I believe), yeah he wanted to get a place with Michelle, but he was in no rush to actually get married or have kids and they had already been together for 5 years at that point. I get that he was still attending school, but was he going to be a professional student forever? He was living rent free with his parents, too. Then in blue, I understand he had been inured but he literally blew his money on video games and lived rent free with Sinead and her parents. I enjoyed the plot of the book, but Gary seemed like he could have been better.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

I am uncertain about the chemistry between Gary and Michelle If it is true love, but what I do know well is that complexity is the initial thing to spur a relationship.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I think the Gary-Michelle pairing was plain. They barely had chemistry. Gary mainly like Michelle for her looks and I don’t think he would call her soulmate if she didn’t look good. Michelle also rejecting him in the other worldline because of his disability so speaks about her.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I dont see anything wrong in their romantic pairing regardless of how physically attractive Michelle is. And Before anything, it is the physical appearance that attracted you to someone and then, it will be the one to keep it steady. So, for me, their romantic pairing is perfect.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”