Official Review: Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayomie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomie.html
Latest Review: Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease by Lisa Heather Torbert

Official Review: Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease

Post by ayomie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease" by Lisa Heather Torbert.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We hear of new disease-causing germs being discovered in one zone after another. Cancer stands out as one of the worst. Each day, about 1,638 people lose their lives to cancer in the United States. It keeps spreading its fatal tentacles to new areas, claiming millions of lives each year. The book, Cancer on a Harley...or is it? Lyme Disease is very timely and informative.

This book is organized into two main sections. The section on cancer has 25 chapters while the section on Lyme disease has 15 chapters. This book tells the moving tale of Mark's long struggle with cancer or is it Lyme disease? Also included is the numerous treatments he received and his body's responses to these treatments. The book contains useful information about conventional medical treatments and holistic approaches using natural alternative remedies.

In this book, we find a detailed list of the different causes of cancer, types of cancer and effective treatments for coinfections with Lyme disease. There is detailed explanation on the effects of chemotherapy on the body, diets to be followed by cancer patients (with recipes for making healthy smoothies), and foods which are best avoided. The ideas promoted in this book are heavily based on research, and I found references to numerous medical professionals and journals. For example when addressing the issue of ozonated water, there was reference to a clinical review of the U.S national library of medicine.

The author, Lisa Heather Torbert, has left no stone unturned in giving concise information on cancer and Lyme disease. I love the way the book was written with words which are simple enough to be understood by readers. The topics were also well-arranged for easy flow of thought. This book was an eye-opener for me. I learnt new ways of preventing and treating cancer. Also, conclusions were logical rather than dogmatic. The book also made use of statistics from numerous researches which made its ideas all the more convincing. However, there were some ideas which I do not agree with and might have no support from scientific studies.

Due to the high worth of information contained in this book, it was painful for me to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. But typographical and grammatical errors were found in a number of chapters. There were some missing punctuation marks as well. This got me distracted at a point. However, I believe that cancer patients and those interested in preventing cancer would find this book to be a treasure. Patients who have had irreparable damages from radiation and chemotherapy might not find much help in this book.

Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease
View: on Bookshelves

Like ayomie's review? Post a comment saying so!
“I have experienced many times
since then that I don’t always have
to prove I’m right to win at the
game of life."
Rob White
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Talking about cancer is very hard especially with the people Who have it. This book seems to shed light on a lot of topics involving cancer. Seems like an informative read. Thank you for your review.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Many people die from cancer due to lack of information than lack of treatment. It was very good of the author to think of such an approach.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

Wow, it sounds like this book is chock full of valuable and helpful information regarding cancer and Lyme disease. Thank you for your informative and terrific review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

The initial shock of a cancer diagnosis is terrifying enough. Wondering if it is Lyme disease is perplexing. This book sounds very informative. THanks for your detailed review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”